Recaro Start
Radian
Regent (pre-adv) short belt path

ETA pic:

100_0392Large.jpg

Last edited:
ADS

MOM25BOYS

I didn't think it could be done and out of boredom today I thought I would try it just for fun.:D

2004 Ford Expedition 3rd Row Install

FF Marathon with L/S Belt ( outboard, no tether )
FF Radian 65 with L/S Belt ( center, tethered)
FF Decathlon/Marathon with L/S Belt (outboard, no tether )

P1010038.jpg

I was VERY suprised to find that I only needed one Radian to get a 3 across on my smaller 3rd row with just about any combination of seats. I don't have pics yet, but will get some up shortly of my current arrangement.....

Graco HighBack Turbo Booster (outboard)
FF Radian 65 with L/S belt ( tethered in center)
Graco No Back Turbo Booster (outboard)

ETA: I do realize that the required HUGS are not on the FF Marathon or Decathlon. These seats are currently being used RF so the HUGS are stored away.:)

Mommy2Five

2000 Dodge Durango
2nd row 40/20/40 bench
Husky : FF Marathon : Husky

l/s & t : l : l/s & t
IMG_0282.jpg

IMG_0278.jpg

IMG_0279.jpg

They puzzle just perfectly to make this configuration work!

IMG_0280.jpg

Lea_Ontario

1998 Pontiac Grand Am

All seatbelt installs.

FF Evenflo Generations
FF Safety 1st Intera
Parkway

It's a pain to buckle the Parkway, but we're managing so far.

U

Unregistered

87 Volvo 740

Three Britax seats across the back:

Parkway/Marathon/Parkway

Marathon belted in and top-tethered, forward-facing.

The older kids can sometimes buckle themselves in but it's easier to do it for them. A little snug but safe.

aja

2004 pontiac montana extended

third row

snugride/blvd ff/snugride

has not been checked by a tech and the blvd is not tethered. i'll try to get pics when i get them checked before the babies are here. the snugrides are both with the bases.

aja

2004 pontiac montana extended

third row

snugride/blvd ff/snugride

has not been checked by a tech and the blvd is not tethered. i'll try to get pics when i get them checked before the babies are here. the snugrides are both with the bases.

i was able to do this again with the blvd rf. so it was snugride/rf blvd/snugride. woohoo!

orangemnms

05 Odyssey, 3rd row.

FPSVb (with back,) Graco Nautilus, RF Scenera

The FPSVb will require adult help to buckle, but it will only be used very occasionally for a friend. Also, it would have fit MUCH nicer as Nauti/FPSVb/RF Scenera, but with the 05, the only TT in the 3rd row is in the middle. So, if you have a different year, this would be easier. :)

U

Unregistered

Hi,
Has anyone been successful in having three car seats (one forward-facing and two rear-facing) in a Honda Fit?
Thanks,
Julie

livesinthecar

In 2002 VW Passat wagon:

2 MA outboard, FF, seatbelt install
1 RA center, RF, seatbelt install
all tethered

Also:

Parkway center, MA passenger FF, RA driver RF, all seatbelt installs, MA and RA tethered

changed to: Parkway passenger, MA center FF, RA driver RF, all seatbelt installs because Parkway passenger would unwittingly unbuckle RA when in center position :eek:

Not checked by tech

ETA: all seatbelts were l/s belts

U

Unregistered

We just traded down to a Jeep Patriot BEFORE I found out #3 was on the way (I'm talking a day before).

Any success in the Patriot? I have a Graco booster for my 4yo and a bigger graco seat for my 2yo.

Thanks!
Tiffany

sopapia

2004 Honda Accord

all seatbelt
FF or RF MA/FF Radian 80/FF MA
Snugride/FF Radian 80/ FF MA
SS1/ FF Radian 80/FF MA

snugride, SS1 and MA take up about the same space.

i'll try different configurations in our other car, a pilot soon. we need to fit marathon, a regent and a SS1 or 2 marathons and SS1 somehow.

NannyMom

2008 CHevy Impala

Radian and Nautilus with seatbelt, and Scenera with LATCH. THe kids I was putting in the other seats were too heavy for LATCH.

FF Graco Nautilus
FF Radian
RF Cosco Scenera

I think it would have worked well this way too:
FF GN
RF Radian
FF Scenera

This did not work, it put the Radian too far towards the door
FF GN
RF Scenera
FF Radian

It wasn't checked by a tech, except me.

Pics to come later....

jubgulia

2006 Toyota Corolla

RF Radian 65 (outboard passenger, LATCH)
FF Radian 65 (center, seatbelt)
Safe Seat 1 (outboard driver, LATCH)

Not checked by tech.

Blondie87

2002 Acura MDX- 2nd row
Graco Nautilus-FF, latched and tethered
Britax Boulevard-RF, seatbelt
Graco Turbo Booster
Not checked by a tech.

The TB isn't mine, but I thought I would mess around and see if I could get 3 across. Good to know I can! TB is a lil tough to buckle but can be done. All the seats are not be supported by the others and are independently tight.

IMG_0777.jpg

IMG_0771.jpg

Last edited:
A

APT

We just traded down to a Jeep Patriot BEFORE I found out #3 was on the way (I'm talking a day before).

Any success in the Patriot? I have a Graco booster for my 4yo and a bigger graco seat for my 2yo.

Thanks!
Tiffany

I have a Jeep Compass which has identical seating to the Patriot. I use a Regent and Evenflow Titan right now. #3 is coming next year and I plan to buy two Radians. OEM measurements list more space than 3rd row of minivans than so many people have done. We've got the 51" required for 4 Radians which are 17" @ top and only 14" base. If one is rear facing, even better for installing.

sopapia

I just tried successfully to put 3 across in the 2004 honda pilot.

MA latch/Regent seatbelt/SS1 (or snugride or MA) with latch.

i don't know if others had the same problem as I did. when i installed the regent by itself with the seatbelt (short path), it's a bit loose. Only when i tightened the top tether is the seat not moveable.

skiersnowboarder3

Senior Community Member
i don't know if others had the same problem as I did. when i installed the regent by itself with the seatbelt (short path), it's a bit loose. Only when i tightened the top tether is the seat not moveable.

This is not a successful install. The seat needs to move less than 1" at the belt path BEFORE you tighten the tether.

skiersnowboarder3

Senior Community Member
'05 Kia Spectra

GN, RN (FF), GN

DSCN1165-1.jpg

That brings my 3 across in my Spectra to:

2 radians (FFing) and a nautilus (any arrangement)
2 radians (FFing) and a regent
2 nautiluses and a radian (FFing)

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC