Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

Sureride older child install q

Hello,

My son just hit fifty pounds and per the side of his carseat, we have to stop latch and use a seatbelt?

I looked at the sureride manual online and it has no such specification.

My car seat is about four years old. Would our instructions be different for my car seat vs the newer ones?

Should I be switching to using a car seat vs latch?

If it matters, I drive a 17 sienna and he sits in the passenger behind driver position.

Thx!!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

Re: Sureride older child install q

Hi there.

I believe your carseat says that your lower anchor weight limit is 55 pounds, yes? If so, follow that. All seats made after 2/27/14 (so about four years ago) have the lower anchor weight limit in their manual and on their stickers.

However, if you're not sure, definitely switch. The lower anchors do have that weight limit, and the seatbelt does not. So when in doubt, use the seatbelt.

Also make sure you continue to use the top tether, it's a vital safety feature for all forward facing harnessed seats.

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 62", 108#, seatbelt, driving her own car
    laine 9/16/09, 54", 96#, Nuna Aaces, Diono Solana 2
    in my husband's 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser, my 2017 Volvo XC90, and big sister's 2016 Honda Civic
    https://www.car-seat.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1353&dateline=1552329  785