Difference between Evenflo LX & DLX?

Momto3Divaz

I only see a price difference? Im getting one next week YAY! My fiance thinks it looks more comfy then the Scenera which I personally love the price and print on but hey. Which Evenflo should I get? My dd is 8months old today :)

ADS

crunchierthanthou

The only difference is the amount of padding and fabric options. The DLX has an infant insert, but that's not as important at 8 months. Functionally, they are the same.

arly1983

Not much of a difference, just padding.

I love the Target and Walmart all plush prints without the fake leather inserts on the cover.

Momto3Divaz

Okay so the Triumph LX is $30 more that is plusher? The Titan DLX less plush with insert thats $94.... Hmmm I want her to have a comfy ride, we travel alot :love:

crunchierthanthou

Rhe Triumph Advance LX is around $130 and is the less padded one without faux leather. The DLX is more like $160 and has an insert and supposedly nicer covers.

The Titan DLX is less than $100, but is a different seat entirely. It doesn't have the sliding harness adjust and the top slots are only 15" (two inches lower than the Triumph Advance). It does rf to 35 lbs and ff to 50, but it would have to be one round kid to even pass the old 40 lb limit before outgrowing the harness by height.

Momto3Divaz

:) OHHH I want the Triumph I just noticed the names Titan on the other ones i liked their patterns. Okay Now Im focused Triumph only. I wish the MA would fit in my car :cool:

amyg530

if the MA wont fit i would make sure you try the triumph before you buy it to make sure it fits, i'm pretty sure its wider than the MA

ETA - if you put your youngest RF in the middle you might be able to puzzle the seats together, what do you drive?

skaterbabs

You'd be surprised where you can fit a MA. lol

That said, the other difference between the $130 ande $170 models of the Triumph Advance is that the $170 model has the alligator-style LATCH clips.

Momto3Divaz

I have a Focus :eek: and I need 3 across. I was planning on 2 GN & I thought the Triumph was 1 that I was told could fit uhh oh I must be wrong then! I know the Scenera was 1 of them but as I said my fiance wants her to have a comfy as possible ride being as we do like to take long drives. :confused:

arly1983

I'll be honest, I am almost sure a triumph would not fit in a 3 across.

I wouldn't want to get a scenera either with the lack of padding and esp/epp foam.

I am not sure a RFing a radian would fit because it is long RFing.

I guess I would either get a Titan or Uptown, whichever was narrower.

Momto3Divaz

I re-read my other post and the suggestions were 2 FF Radians & a RF Scenera, Uptown(not sure what that one is) and it was a maybe on the TA.... :confused: That was before the more affordable GN came out.

alexysmommy

i have the LX, and it is WIDE. Def not a great option for 3 across. Oh, and i have the cheaper one, and it is still very very plush and comfy.

arly1983

I re-read my other post and the suggestions were 2 FF Radians & a RF Scenera, Uptown(not sure what that one is) and it was a maybe on the TA.... :confused: That was before the more affordable GN came out.

The TA might have worked with two FFing radians but not with 2 GNs.

This is the Safety 1st Uptownhttp://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?dest=9999999997&product_id=5515915&sourceid=1500000000000003260330 It is on clearance at my WM for $67 and some people found it for $44 at WM. It has higher top slots by an inch (I think) than the Titan. The titan might would fit as well. I thing it a little narrower at the bottom. With 3 acrosses, "puzzling" is big part of success. The puzzling is trying seats out to see what works best together.

So if I were you: I would go to WM, buy 2 GNs and an Uptown. Do not remove any of the tags or throw away the boxes. Install them in the car and see what works. Try mixing up the order the seats: it might take the Uptown on the outbroard and GN in the middle. If it works out and you like: GREAT! If not, return the uptown back to WM, and go buy a Titan and try it out too. If it doesn't work: You might have to at least return one GN and might have to get one radian but we can go into that after you have tried the seats you can get in your area and better fit your budget.

Hope this helps some. :D

crunchierthanthou

You'd be surprised where you can fit a MA. lol

That said, the other difference between the $130 ande $170 models of the Triumph Advance is that the $170 model has the alligator-style LATCH clips.

have you seen the alligator style clips in person? I know they were on the Evenflo website, but all the ones I've looked at still have the regular ones. Maybe it's time for another trip to BRU.

skaterbabs

Yep, they had them when I was in BRU a couple of weeks ago.

The EFTA may be too wide for the OP to fit 3 across, I'm pretty sure it's wider than the MA.

Misty-Bug

I have a Ford taurus station wagon and I can fit three Radians across RFing in the back. Not sure how much smaller your car is. I hope you can figure something out. Measure the distance between the front seats. The space that you have there. That will give you an idea too of what will fit. In my opinion but I am not a tech.

Momto3Divaz

:confused: okay heres my plan. I really want the GN for my oldest 2, it fits my needs for them perfectly without me having to take out a small loan to purchase them :p I've heard good & bad on the Radians and the price on 3 :eek: The GN is a FF only seat buying a convertible just seems like a waste in my own opinion.

The Titan & Triumph look so similar but the Titan is slimmer? I will measure my car tonight.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC