Are Maxi Cosi Mico Car seats compatible with Snap N Go?

U

Unregistered

I was planning on buying 2 Maxi Cosi Mico Car seats for my twins due in July and I want to know if they are compatible with the Baby Trend Double Snap N Go Stroller?

Does anyone here know? Thanks in advance for your help!

Stephanie

ADS

TheWebbed

I ended up getting a reply back from Babytrends about this.

They said, "the Maxi Cosi Car Seats are not compatible for any of our Baby Trend strollers" and they also said "the Peg Perego Primo Viaggio SIP versions are not compatible for any of our strollers".

I guess I need to keep looking.

o_mom

I ended up getting a reply back from Babytrends about this.

They said, "the Maxi Cosi Car Seats are not compatible for any of our Baby Trend strollers" and they also said "the Peg Perego Primo Viaggio SIP versions are not compatible for any of our strollers".

I guess I need to keep looking.

I wouldn't put much faith in what they say until you actually try it out. The Baby Trend Snap 'n Go says that it is not compatible with a SafeSeat, but mine fits on it perfectly, like it was made for it.

I haven't seen any reviews of the Maxi Cosi seats from people who have used them as more than just a demo. Is there something in particular you are looking for in an infant seat?

ETA - I know I have seen pictures of KeyFits on a double snap n' go and it is a great seat for twins because it fits small babies well.

TheWebbed

A friend suggested the Maxi Cosi, she loves hers. She doesn't have a snap n go though.

However, I'm open to further suggestions and have had a couple people saying on the boards here that they would go with 2 Chicco Keyfit 30s for twins.

After that, I began looking into the keyfits and I read on another site that the keyfit doesn't work with the double snap n go.

But, you've seen 2 Chicco Keyfits on a double snap n go?

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
I took that pic. I have a few more somewhere. FYI - the KeyFit is not (or at least it wasn't at the time) a "BabyTrend approved" car seat. However, the bars on the double SNG can be configured to accommodate the original KF22 safely. My girlfriend had triplets and she had 3 KFs, a double SNG and a single SNG.

I have a diagram somewhere detailing exactly how I configured the bars. If you wind up going with KeyFits and you want to see exactly how I had it setup - send me a PM and I'll get the info to you. I don't want to post that diagram publicly because I don't want the liability that could be associated with that.

Honestly, the only "issue" with this setup is that the rear car seat will slide a bit from side to side on the rear snap n go bar. The rear bar is wider than the front bar. It's not unsafe that way but most parents would prefer it not to move like that. The fix is easy - just wrap a piece of grippy shelf liner around the back bar to prevent the plastic bottom of the seat from sliding across the metal bar. That's what my friend did. She used her seats on this stroller frame for many months with no problems.

Personally, I would recommend the KeyFit (either version) over the Mico for several reasons. The KeyFit has a 4 lb weight minimum, the Mico starts at 5 lbs. The handle can be left up on the KF - handle must be down on the Mico when it's in the vehicle. The Mico has those plastic puzzle buckle tongs that the BabyTrend seats also have. I've never been a fan of those. I don't think they're unsafe but I think they're more difficult to use and frankly, when you have multiples you need seats that are as simple and easy to use as possible.

HTH! Good luck!

Kecia

CaseyRN

To me just the fact that the handle can't stay up on the maxi cosi is enough to turn me off. I much prefer one that you can leave the handle up on. Definately something to consider since you'll have your hands full!

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Can you send me the bar positions? I just bought a double snap n go and 2 keyfit 30s. Thx

Hi and welcome to our forums. At present, unregistered users are unable to contact other members through private message (PM,) or email. I'm moving your original post to the stroller forum and starting a new thread & I'm sure you'll be able to get some answers. :thumbsup:

Here's the link: http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=44925

D

dkgedeon

HI. I am expecting twins in October and also hae purchased a Baby Trend Snap n Go and the Chicco Key Fit 30's. I am sitting here trying to put the stroller together and configure the bars so that they will hold the car seats. I will PM for the configuration of the bars as soon as my registration is completed. I was just wondering if this information was still available seeingas how this post was placed a while back.

U

Unregistered

stephanie,

did you ever find out if the maxi cosi car seats are compatable with the snap n go? i can't find the answer and we want that car seat too.

thanks.

k.

S

Soon-to-be-Dad

I know that this thread is 3 years old, but since it popped up in Google, I figured this information might be helpful to other parents of two children (twins or not).

FYI, we're expecting twins soon and we got two Maxi-Cosi Mico car seats barely used. While researching, I've found that the Baby Jogger City Select double will handle the Mico car seats with their adapters. It's very pricy ($500 as a single, $659 as a double, plus $60 each for the car adapters), but the stroller will be good for up to 5 year old kids. Here are several good youtube videos about the stroller...we're definitely considering this, even with the high price.

Good luck!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoUq_sZKi-U&feature=related"]YouTube - ‪Baby Jogger City Select Tandem Video Demo from twins-store.co.uk‬‏[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fF-XtEAy27k"]YouTube - ‪Baby Jogger City Select Double Stroller Reviews, Features & Demonstrations‬‏[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdeMgSm-xe0&feature=fvst"]YouTube - ‪Baby Gizmo Baby Jogger City Select Stroller Review‬‏[/ame]

U

Unregistered

FINALLY FOUND SNAP N GO'S for the maxi cosi mico!!!! Jeep Universal snap n go and the safety 1st click it! thank GOD.

U

Unregistered

Also, Baby Trend now has a Snap 'n' Go model that will take the Maxi Cosi seats (and also Cybex Aton), too. Pricey, but there ya go...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC