Need 3 seats in a Pontiac Vibe - HELP!!!

T

twins+1more

I need to fit 3 car seats in a Pontiac Vibe. Our other vehicle is a mini-van, so that's not a problem, but the Vibe will be paid off in one month, so we don't want to get another vehicle. We currently have 2.5 year old twin girls and we have another baby due in 8 weeks (3/18). In the Vibe, I have 2 Marathons, so that obviously isn't going to work.

I don't "need" an infant carrier for the Vibe, I can use a RF car seat for a baby (b/c the baby really won't be in my car much until after I go back to work and she is 3-4 months old).

So, I'm looking for 3 car seats that will fit 2 FF and 1 RF in the back of the Pontiac Vibe. Mine is the 2004 model.

Can I fit 3 Radians in it? I don't want to spend that much money, since my car isnt' used the much to carry kids in, so if I can get away with something else, that would be better.

PLEASE HELP!!! We can't afford a different car b/c the car payment I was making on the Vibe will need to start going to my child care expenses.

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I knew a mom with two Graco Cargos and a Scenera in her Vibe, easily... I bet you could put one Marathon on the side, the Radian in the middle (both forward facing, they puzzle together perfectly), and an infant seat or possibly the rearfacing Marathon on the other side (or something more narrow, like the Scenera).

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
:yeahthat:

I can fit a FF Marathon, FF Radian, RF Marthon across a Focus, 3rd row of my Caravan, Mazda3, CX-7 (although this one has a bigger backseat)... I think that combo will work just fine. :)

You can also sub out the RFing Marathon for an infant carrier.

musicmaj

I think that Julie had a good idea to try a ff marathon and a ff radian outboard and center and the rearfacing baby outboard. I tried my fisher price safe voyage (same size as marathon) ff in the center of my corolla with the ff radian outboard and it was a great fit.

U

Unregistered

Hi, I have the Toyota version of your car. And, have had 3 across more than once!

The narrowest side of the car is the Driver side.
Driver side:Center:passenger side
FF Radian:RF Radian:Graco Safeseat
Graco SnugRide:RF MA:FF Radian

Also had:
empty: RF MA: FF MA in there also. And, as I said had Snugride: RF MA in another time, just not all three at once.

Given you already have two MA. I would try:

FF Radian: RF MA: FF MA
or
FF MA: RF Radian: FF MA
or
SS: FF MA: FF MA

Also, the SK Radian really does not fit very well in that car. You can make it work, but it takes a LOT of effort. The thing I found worked the best, as to leave the seat w/ the RF recline for FF and put it FF outboard w/ Latch or seat belt. Something about the angle of the seat & car not matching I think. Once it's in, it's fine. I also not thrilled w/ the harness on the Radian (but not thrilled w/ them on the harness on the Frontier either) so I am picky! I don't generally read this board, came looking for some info on the Frontier, so if you have more questions about what I've fit, call me out here: http://boards.babycenter.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?webtag=bcus9421
Quinn's mom.

tam

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC