Stroller for Infant Twins

TheWebbed

Hi,

I'm looking for suggestions on a stroller that can take 2 infant car seat carriers at the same time. I have twins due in July.

Thank you!

Stephanie

ADS

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
For the times that you need to snap carseats in/out of a stroller, I would get a double snap n' go.

Then get a different stroller with a flat recline for going shopping, out for walks, ect.

There are lots of doubles to choose from depending on your lifestyle...
Are you in a city or town?
Do you drive or take city transportation?
Indoor stuff mainly or outdoor?
Air travel at all?

A few of my favourites include...
Baby Jogger City Series Elite
Valco Twin Runabout
Mountain Buggy Urban Double
These are all jogging type strollers that push amazingly well, steer through tight corners, fold fairly small, have flat reclines for newborns, big sunshades, ect.

Maclaren Twin Techno
This one is an umbrella type folding stroller. It also has a flat recline, nice sunshades, steers/pushes well, ect. It doesn't push as well as the joggers (it can't, it has smaller wheels ;)), but it's invaluable if you do any airline travel. Certain airlines are no longer allowing any strollers that do not umbrella fold past the check-in counters. :thumbsdown:

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
I would personally skip the duo glider.

It is heavy, bulky fold, small sunshade for the front, no full recline for an infant in the front, difficult to manouver (especially once kiddo's start getting older/heavier).

Most parents use it for the carrier's and then toss it once the babies are out of their carriers... you can get a double snap n' go for much cheaper with a smaller fold that will do the same thing. ;)

mom2riley

I would personally skip the duo glider.

It is heavy, bulky fold, small sunshade for the front, no full recline for an infant in the front, difficult to manouver (especially once kiddo's start getting older/heavier).

Most parents use it for the carrier's and then toss it once the babies are out of their carriers... you can get a double snap n' go for much cheaper with a smaller fold that will do the same thing. ;)

ITA, I had and regret our Duo Glider for the reasons above.

TheWebbed

Thanks for the suggestions ...

Are there other double snap n go's type frames besides Babytrend? The Baby Trend one won't take the Peg Perego Primo Viaggio SIP or the Maxi Cosi Mico which were my top 2 car seats choices.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Sometimes that stroller WILL take different seats (usually it will, it's very adaptable, actually), and Babytrend hasn't taken the time to try new seats out to put on their list of approved seats site...

Why are those your two top seat choices, can I ask? (Only because they require the handle be down when driving, there are several others that don't, and that makes them much easier to use properly on every trip :))

TheWebbed

I did get an email back from Babytrends saying they are not compatible with those 2 seats, however it sounds like you are saying that may be because they haven't tested them yet?

The reasons I was considering those 2 seats are that a friend suggested them, they utilize the latch system my car has, and they are attractive. Plus the Maxi Cosi seemed quite light.

I'm open to suggestions though.

mom2acrew

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Another thing to consider is the ease of using Infant Carriers vs switching to a convertible seat, having 2 you may find it easier to just pop the whoe seat out of the car and onto a stroller frame then risking getting sleeping babies out and into a stroller for quicker errands. If you were to go with something like a Safe Seat 1 it might give you more time than another seat. OTOH if you end up w/ 5# babies they may not fit well at first...sorry not trying to complicate the process.... really :)

mom2acrew

Moderator - CPST Instructor
FWIW all new car seats will have the LATCH system, you will also be able to install them with a seat belt (not at the same time) What vehicle do you drive? Maybe we can help you figure out which seats are most compatible with the vehicle then move on to the stroller? Some seats are just as easy to install w/ seat belts as latch and both are just as safe :)

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
The keyfit30 and the SafeSeat1 are much loved seats around here for various reasons.

*Built-in lock-offs
*Super easy install
*LATCH compatible (all seats are these days)
*handle can be left up which leaves space for leg room for front seat drivers/passengers
*front adjuster for easier in/out of baby

The Keyfit30 starts at 4 lbs and fits tiny babies really well... that's the seat I would probably go with if I was having twins. :)

steph

I would get the snap and go and then get a double stroller for when you don't want to use the carriers.

For infants seats I would go with the Chicco Keyfit30 has my first choice (great for small babies which is more likely with twins) and the SS1 as my second choice.

I would not do the Peg Perego Primo Viaggo or the Maxi cosi - it sounds silly but having to put the handle down is a PITA and alot of times the seat end up taking up more room than a seat that allows you to have the handle up.:twocents:

lovinwaves

There aren't many high end strollers that take two carseats at the same time (side by sides) Grr..I can't remember which ones do right now. :rolleyes:

TheWebbed

Ok, let's se what you think would work best in my car.

I drive the new Buick Enclave. It's the 7 passenger captain's chairs configuration.

I should also mention I have 3 older kids. 2 no longer in car seats and 1 in the Clek Olli.

The infant carrier car seats will be placed in the two 2nd row captain chairs. The older kids will ride in the 3rd row. (My oldest is actually old enough to be in the front when my husband isn't with us.)

Thanks.

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
Since there is no center headrest in the third row, I would put one of the Keyfit30's in the center of the third row.

Your older children *need* head protection and will require headrests unless they are in highback boosters.

The two oldest would go outboard on either side of the Keyfit in the third row. The Keyfit (in addition to fitting small babies) is also narrow and will still allow adequate room for your kids on either side.

The child in the clek olli would go in one of the captain's chair (probably passenger for easy school pick-up/drop-off) and the other baby would go in the remaining captain's chair.

A few things... children generally need a booster seat to help the seatbelt fit correctly until 4'9" tall or somewhere around 10 years old. They must pass the 5 step test before taking them out of a booster for their safety...
http://www.carseat.org/Boosters/630.htm

TheWebbed

Ok, so let's say I do go with 2 Keyfit30's.

Is everyone still suggesting I go with the double snap n go and buy a second stroller for when I don't have the cat seats with me?

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
Ok, so let's say I do go with 2 Keyfit30's.

Is everyone still suggesting I go with the double snap n go and buy a second stroller for when I don't have the cat seats with me?

Yes, I would still get the double snap n' go and another stroller that doesn't hold the carseats.

Unless you know what you use a stroller for, I would probably hold off on the second stroller for the first few weeks/months while you figure out just what it is you want.

The snap n' go will work great in the meantime.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC