Survey: Top 3 favorite infant seats...

ADS

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
1. Combi Connection (it ws the seat DD was able to pass her test in to come home from the NICU)
2. Chicco Keyfit
3. Snugride

crunchierthanthou

Are you asking for yourself?

at a few months old I'd say

SS1
keyfit (22 lb, unless you have chunker babies)

that's it. I don't think any others would last long enough to be worth it at this point.

snugride (if 5 pt, 22 lb, eps, front adjust) is probably my #3 and kefit might be #1 for a newborn.

skipspin

In general:
~Keyfit
~Safeseat 1

The third is a toss-up I think. I'd probably say the Graco Snugride (with FRONT adjuster!)for the general population.

crunchierthanthou

No, my friend's brother is expecting his first, and my friend wants to know which seats to consider. I'm very happy with the Roundabout for Kira.

That's what I thought, so your question threw me a bit.

for a first child-

keyfit 30. it fits tiny babies well and will last even the fattest of babies to around 1 year (and has a better stroller for the travel system, if that's what they're going for).

ss1 is a close second, if they are willing to put up with a potenially less than perfect fit the first few weeks. It will last even longer.

everything else is about equal, as long as it is 5 pt, front adjust, and goes to at least 22 lbs. handle up in the car and EPS are big benefits. as is being able to use it without the base, because you never know when you might need to. all of which the snugride has, which is why it would probably come in at #3.

Ashley_R

My top 2 and the Keyfit and the Baby Trend. Depending on the day I go back and forth as to who I love more.

I guess third would be the SS1, buts its too big for my car (too long) and its heavy empty so I cant imagine using it as a carrier. I like the snugride equally well and might even like it better if it had a lock off.

steph

1. Chicco Keyfit 30
2. Chicco Keyfit 22
3. Graco SS1

I guess one and 2 are the same but it gives you an idea how much I love the Keyfit:love:

Stink. We only have the boring US capsules here in NZ. I can tell you I hate the Safety 1st Designer 22 (it should be the same name as the US?) and I have had a Graco Snugride? I think and the padding was so thing and the plastic was like a milk bottle...

I love the Ma, cept the short crotch strap and high base.

CRS

Senior Community Member
Ohhh we're not really spoilt for choice here... but for MY country I would say...

1. Graco Logico S is my #1 favourite. It's virtually the same as the Graco Safeseat I think, except the base has a foot, which I believe the Safeseat does not.. at least it didn't when I had a go at one overseas.

2. Second to that would PROBABLY be the Recaro Young Profi Plus. Haven't had the pleasure to install one yet but have had a play with them and MAN I must say they are very "suave"!!!!

3. Gee this is tougher then I thought. Though I quite like the Britax Rock-a-tot.

ETA: Hah I just realised my answer won't help you anyway LOL, ah well I answered any way ;)

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Graco SS1
Baby Trend Latch Loc
I'm not sure about a 3rd, probably the KeyFit or SnugRide.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Key Fit, Graco, Combi.

Any seat that you can leave the handle up is a good seat in my book (says she, who used to try to follow the rules, but that shattertastic century handle was up most of the time over poor Bitsy...)

lynsgirl

1. Key Fit/Key Fit 30
2.Never used it, but I'm going to say the SS1, because if there were no KF, it would top my list.
3. Latch-Loc 22. I had one waiting for ds3, but ended up giving it away, which was good, since a teeny, tiny baby was much, much safer (11yo Century infant seat that was recalled :eek:), but I do :love: that rigid latch base and the dial/infinite-adjust harness.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC