Evenflo Quantum

ADS

scatterbunny

13" torso really IS tiny, maybe she isn't measuring right. At least, I hope she isn't measuring right. I cannot imagine a child with that tiny of a torso fitting correctly in a Big Kid.

The Big Kid has no EPS foam and has extremely small, shallow headwings and no torso wings at all. The flip-up armrests are about the only redeeming feature, IMHO.

lovemyfamily

She is 45.5 inches tall and 43 lbs. I will have her remeasure her torso. She is saying that she is outgrowing her AO. She really wanted a Regent but that was a no go since she is in Canada.

scatterbunny

Oh, yeah, I'm positive a 45.5 inch tall, 43 inch child isn't "outgrowing" the AO, it's outgrown! :eek: At least, in harnessed mode; booster mode isn't great so I'd ditch it, definitely. I think she must have measured her torso incorrectly, though. I can't imagine a 45.5 inch tall child having a 13 inch torso.

Jewels

Senior Community Member
She is 45.5 inches tall and 43 lbs. I will have her remeasure her torso. She is saying that she is outgrowing her AO. She really wanted a Regent but that was a no go since she is in Canada.

But there is the Radian, MA and Apex that harness to 65lbs that would last longer then the AO. Also, we've been told that the Graco Nautilus will be making an appearance here at the end of the month.

lovemyfamily

But there is the Radian, MA and Apex that harness to 65lbs that would last longer then the AO. Also, we've been told that the Graco Nautilus will be making an appearance here at the end of the month.

I did tell her about the Nautilus. I think money is tight so the Radian and MA were out. She mentioned being able to get a Graco Turbo instead of the Quantum. But I think the Nautilus might be what she ends up with.

Oh and she remeasured the torso is 13", that kid is all legs, I guess.

Jewels

Senior Community Member
I did tell her about the Nautilus. I think money is tight so the Radian and MA were out. She mentioned being able to get a Graco Turbo instead of the Quantum. But I think the Nautilus might be what she ends up with.

Oh and she remeasured the torso is 13", that kid is all legs, I guess.

If the child has outgrown the AO (her shoulders are above the top usable slots) then I would use it as a booster until she is able to get the Nautilus :twocents:

Jewels

Senior Community Member
I will suggest that. You think the AO is better as a booster than the Quantum?

Well, for permanant use no. I think the AO is a ok booster for "sometimes" use. I would rather see her in a harness and if using a seat that is already owned will help save money for the Nautilus (or other HWH seat) I would use the AO as a booster. Although, at 6yrs old and over 40lbs she could go into a booster if it fits her properly and she is mature enough to sit correctly in it. I question whether a booster will fit her since she has such a small torso but it might. I would look for a booster that has the EPS foam and if I remember correctly the Big Kid (can't quite remember) doesn't so that would be the reason I would pick a TurboBooster (as long as the turbo picked has the foam) over this seat.

Sears is apparently having baby days this next week and I would guess they will have the Apex on sale. The Apex would work to keep your friends dd harnessed longer and does convert to a decent booster but she has to have headrests in her vehicle to use behind the carseat for added support. They may also have some boosters on sale then as well.

scatterbunny

17.5 makes more sense, you're right. But she won't have any room in the Apex. H's torso was 17.25 in the summer (at 49 inches, she's all leg) and she was even with the Apex top slots.

The good news is that with a torso height of 17.5 inches, the child will fit most highback boosters well (a child with a 13 inch torso would have the shoulderbelt way too high in every booster I can think of). I would just personally prefer a booster with EPS foam and deeper sidewings than the Evenflo Big Kid.

Jewels

Senior Community Member
17.5" makes sense. Then with her age I would be okay with a booster but I would look for one with the EPS foam in it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC