pictures of some 1980's car seats

AllieCanada

I hope I am posting this in the right area. I found some pictures of car seats that I used as a baby and thought I'd share them. Can you imagine what our kid's will think looking back on the seats we used for them when they're older considering how far we've come since the 80's?.

Here's my infant seat. It's not the greatest picture because of my scanner but the straps are under the blanket.
1985infantcarseat1.jpg

This is the seat my parents moved me into next after market cover and all. I was about 8 or 9 months old here.
1985carseat2.jpg

and this is the seat my cousin used in 1986
1986carseat.jpg

ADS

jennsmile

LOL! My mom still has a booster that she used for us kids in the 80's it was actually advanced. It had a rear tether point that attached to a red harness to be used with a lapbelt. I don't think she has the harness but I know she has the booster as it works great as a booster for the table.

Jenn

MomToEliEm

You sure were a cute baby. I don't think I blame your parents for putting an aftermarket cover on that one carseat. I don't think I would want to sit on vinyl padding on a carseat, especially in the summer.

amyg530

you're lucky to have picture of you in seats. when we went home for christmas i looked through every picture album hoping to find a picture of me or my sisters in a carseat but alas i found none :(
somehow, even though i was 5 at the time i remember that my sisters were in what had to have been the century 2000 ste t-shield, i vivdly remember the cover being like a terry cloth

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
You sure were a cute baby. I don't think I blame your parents for putting an aftermarket cover on that one carseat. I don't think I would want to sit on vinyl padding on a carseat, especially in the summer.

No doubt! One of my 1st memories is of a school field trip when I was in PreK -- it was a private school, so all the kids from every grade (through 8th) fit in 2 passenger vans.... I just remember sitting there the whole ride, crying that they forgot my big beach towel: my little thighs were BURNING & sticking to my yucky vinyl shield booster :eek::crying:

SPJ&E

That second one looks a lot like the one my parents used for me...well...had for me. I probably didn't ever ride in it, but I did play in it outside...

Jordynsmama

Here is me in some seat when I was 2 so 1984-
my mom swears I was buckled in but ummm....how?
She said we were waiting in the car. Sure:whistle: lol.
we were in my aunts old burgundy lincoln towncar!
its blurry so I left it full size
jessicacarseat003.jpg

ignora

Senior Community Member
The brown vinyl one is just like the one my sister had when she was a baby. She was born in '84...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC