Looking for a Specific Mirror

MagnificentMama

Senior Community Member
I know this is a pretty silly request but I've looked everywhere and I can't find what i'm looking for. Maybe one of you knows what i'm talking about or where I can find this! I've been to BRU, Target, WalMart, and BCF and can't find it!

My mirror that I use to see DD in the back seat (just your standard car seat mirror) broke and I haven't been able to find it since :(

It's a mirror with a really thick suction cup that has an attached telescoping metal peice that attaches to the mirror. I need the telescoping feature b/c my windshield is angled funny and I can't see DD if I install the other ones i've tried.

So far i've bought mirrors that attach to my rear view mirror and break, mirrors that don't have the telescoping little peice of metal which makes adjusting it a total PITA. I just want my old mirror back!!!!! I miss not being able to see DD in the back seat. :(

ADS

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
This is the only mirror I can think of that you can angle. I do not recommend mirrors, but know they can ease a parents mind.

MagnificentMama

Senior Community Member
Thanks, that's not it though. I don't need a RFing mirror. My DD is 5 1/2. Were beyond RFing at this point. I just can't believe it's so hard to find a specific type of mirror

southpawboston

i think i *might* have the one you are describing, except that it doesn't really telescope. it has a ball-and-socket rod (made of plastic) attached to the suction cup, so the mirror pivots in any direction. that's what we use to see our FFing DD1 without turning our heads.

if you can't find the one you had before, you can always buy a $0.99 side angle self adhesive mirror and attach it to the corner of your rearview mirror. it's about 1-2" round, and would give you a pretty good view of your back seat.

Morganthe

Hey, I can completely understand you loving a particular style of mirror & wanting to see your kid :) :love:

I have a Bebe Confort mirror that came with two fasteners.. a suction cup + a clip to put it on a sun visor. I use the visor option and it's perfect on the front passenger one. So far, I can't find one over here to replace it if I need to that doesn't have a wonky cheap mirror. It's an absolute lifesaver. :love:

I just don't understand how parents manage if they can't just glance in a mirror to see what's going on back there with the kid(s). If I had to physically turn around all the time, the car would easily head off the road. Where's the safety in that? :confused::p

southpawboston

I just don't understand how parents manage if they can't just glance in a mirror to see what's going on back there with the kid(s). If I had to physically turn around all the time, the car would easily head off the road. Where's the safety in that? :confused::p

i totally agree. i feel much safer being able to assess a situation in the back seat without taking both eyes off the road. between the rearview mirror, my little wide-angle button mirror, and DD2's RFing mirror, i can see the road in front of me, the road in back of me, and BOTH DDs without moving my head or straining my neck. :thumbsup:

MagnificentMama

Senior Community Member
I have a Bebe Confort mirror that came with two fasteners.. a suction cup + a clip to put it on a sun visor. I use the visor option and it's perfect on the front passenger one. So far, I can't find one over here to replace it if I need to that doesn't have a wonky cheap mirror. It's an absolute lifesaver. :love:

I know i'm going to get slammed for this, but I ended up using my rearview mirror to see her these past few weeks. If I needed to see in the back of the car I'd use my side mirrors or check my blind spot, but it'll be nice to have that mirror again!!!

MagnificentMama

Senior Community Member
i totally agree. i feel much safer being able to assess a situation in the back seat without taking both eyes off the road. between the rearview mirror, my little wide-angle button mirror, and DD2's RFing mirror, i can see the road in front of me, the road in back of me, and BOTH DDs without moving my head or straining my neck. :thumbsup:

See SPB, you know how to optimize those mirrors. I'm sure the second you take those mirrors off, your DDs will have a field day in the back seat b/c you can't see what they're doing LOL!!!!

Valentine

We'll soon be using convertible seats RF in two vehicles, and neither one has a headrest on the center spot of the back seat where my son will be. What kind of mirror am I supposed to attach there?

littleangelfire

I have that telescoping mirror - though I got it at Once Upon a Child. I LOVE it. I agree its really important to be able to see what's going on back there without turning around or hindering view of the road.

My back seat doesn't have headrests either (just little bumps) so when my son was rear facing, I had a rear facing mirror that came with a safety pin to attach it to the vehicle seat. I have cloth interior, so this wasn't a big deal to me, and no, even though it was there for a long time, you can't tell now. And it was very secure, I never had to worry about it falling or flying off. The one I got was used, it was an Elmo one I got at Once Upon a Child, but I think I saw them at Walmart still. Just check and see what kind of ways the mirrors you find attach.

OMG 6th sense! I was thinking - as I randomly do - before viewing this thread that the mirror must be "Munchkin" brand - keeping in mind that Munchkin is not, and has not been sold in NZ.

I have one munchkin brand item - a teat/screw cap for a bottle with 3 flow modes and one replacment and the bottle to match, still in packaging.

Some how the description made me more suspicious of it being Muchkin ... Random I know.

strollerfreak

Senior Community Member
Okay great. So I can use my own large-sized safety pin if need be?

I would not recommend doing this. :thumbsdown:

Safety pins/diaper pins aren't crash tested...and who knows how much pull strength they are rated to. If you are in a crash and that sucker pops open, and either becomes a projectile, or someone flys into it, that thing could seriously injure someone.

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
I would not recommend doing this. :thumbsdown:

Safety pins/diaper pins aren't crash tested...and who knows how much pull strength they are rated to. If you are in a crash and that sucker pops open, and either becomes a projectile, or someone flys into it, that thing could seriously injure someone.

:yeahthat:

As far a mirrors go for RF you need to get one that you would have no problem being hit with or hitting your child with. I do not like to recomend then, but I do know it gives a parent peace of mind being able to see thier DC when RF. You can attach some that attach to tether anchors with a bucle like is on high chairs. If you have a tether anchor at the top of your vehicle seat I would get one like that if you must use one.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC