Just want to confirm I did it right!

spcamno

I read thru the entire manual on my Radian premier but it never mention about using the lap shoulder belt only if over 48 pounds however I remember reading a thread someone mentioned that the latch / uas can not be use if over 48 pounds.

I can't get a solid position if using the vehicle's lap shoulder belt but works great with the latch and tether with less than an inch movement.

Is that okay if I use the latch system with tether if my ds is over 48 pounds if our auto manufacturer allow?

ADS

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Yes, if your car manufacturer allows it, you can use the lower anchors to install the seat up to 65lbs according to the Canadian manual - so the whole time your child is within the weight limit of the seat.

What type of car do you drive and refresh my mind as to how much your kiddo weighs?

spcamno

Yes, if your car manufacturer allows it, you can use the lower anchors to install the seat up to 65lbs according to the Canadian manual - so the whole time your child is within the weight limit of the seat.

What type of car do you drive and refresh my mind as to how much your kiddo weighs?

Thanks Trudy for your prompt reply again!

We have an Odyssey with an old labeled Marathon(soon to be replace with Nautilus) and the Radian is in our MB e500.

We originally bought the Apex 65 to replace the Marathon but didn't really like the way it mount and returned that and all of the sudden the nautilus came out so that should be the best candidate.

Our ds is 4.5 years old 43" tall weight just over 50 pounds (I know we are stretching the limit on the marathon but didn't want another radian and didn't like the apex that much).

We love the safeguard but according to their email reply they don't have any intention coming into Canada so that option is out.

Let's hope other manufacturer brings in more HWH seat so we can have more option or else I will just grap the nautilus as soon as they becomes available in Canada.

Actually, I called and emailed Wal-mart customer service but they can't tell me exactly when the nautilus will be release and several store managers don't even know that the nautilus is exist!:mad:

So I guess we have to be patience!:(

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC