Does the Nautilus feel flimsy?

diaperjoys

Or solid?? I was playing with a Turbobooster in Walmart yesterday, and when I grabbed the sides at shoulder height, they wiggled all over the place. Feel really flimsy.

So I was wondering, is the Nautalis that way too? Seems like the Nautalis and the Turbo might have some similar construction?

When I grab the sides of our MA, yes, it flexes a bit, but overall it feels really solid.

ADS

sfeitler

Re: Does the Nautalds feel flimsy?

I haven't seen a Nautilus in person yet; but there's one very big difference in their construction, according to the various posts here. The Turbo comes apart very, very easily at the point where the back joins the bottom. It's sort of supposed to, to make it easy to convert to a backless booster. But that will make it feel flimsy if you shake it. In fact, I'm surprised it didn't come apart... :)

The Nautilus is a lot more solid in the connection between the back and the bottom. So I expect it to feel a lot more solid in general.

-Sarah, may actually go to Walmart for the first time in years, today

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Re: Does the Nautalds feel flimsy?

I'm not sure exactly what you mean about the wiggling, but I would agree with the PP that the Nautilus seems very sturdy to me.

sb518

It is absoultely NOT flimsy whatsoever. The thing is so have and has two solid bars going down the back. It does not twist or bend in ANY way.

0fa0aa26.jpg

Momto1bigkiddo

That was my initial worry, was the nautilus as ''flimsy'' feeling as the turbo booster. I have only played with the turbo in stores, but each time I was amazed how it just falls apart on me. :confused: Maybe it is supposed to be like that though? Don't listen to me. ;)

I haven't seen a Nautilus in store yet, but I am really confident that it is a solid-feeling seat from what other posters have said. Also, from this picture Tumblebug posted showing the back of the seat's frame.

I don't know how to copy and paste the picture here, so this is the link to her post. 1st page, 3rd picture down.

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=32792&highlight=nautilus+pictures

ETA: She beat me to it!! :D That picture is what I was referring to, see how it looks sturdy and well-built. Thanks Tumblebug :thumbsup:

ZephyrBlue

I just got home from WalMart with our Nautilus, and I concur w/the PP who have said that it's a VERY sturdy-feeling seat. It's no Regent, for sure, but it is way sturdier than a TurboBooster.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC