well, i did it...

wildeyes

i completly lost my mind.
i was at work and a friend of mine who i havent seen in quite awhile, came through my line (i am a cashier) and he had his little baby with him. in a bucket (on top of the cart no less..) and the poor kid had a huge snowsuit on, and a belly clip and the harness was super loose. i tried to keep my mouth shut, i really did (the whole being at work thing) and i couldnt help myself. i went around my register, and took it upon myself to fix the chest clip and harness.... i freely admitted i am a carseat nut and am probably insane, but then explained to him how his seat shoudlve been.
i dont know what kind of crappy bucket he had, but the adjuster strap was in back. i fixed the chest clip but just had to tell him how tight to make the harness. ( again, at work=big trouble for me if i get caught doing that kind of stuff)
lol i didnt even ask if i could touch his kid, i just fixed it. he took it well.

ETA: i also told him when he outgrows the bucket to let me know and i would help him pick out a new seat.

ADS

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC