MA Cover Issues

Valentine

I'm a new member here and I debated where to post this, so please excuse me if it's in the wrong place.

I've decided to get my 6-mo-old son a Marathon, and I'll be buying online, but I haven't bought it yet because I'm waiting to see if there'll be a sale in Feb. Since I've decided on what I've been told is a great seat, then I'm allowed to be a little superficial, right? ;)

My husband is obsessed with the University of Michigan cover (big fan!) and in fact I've already ordered it even though we don't have the seat yet! I'm going to buy the seat with a different cover on it so that we have a back-up. I want one of the ones that comes with a gray harness because I think it will look better with the navy cover than beige would. I don't want a cover that has too much black on it though. I'm majorly drooling over the new Eclipse Grey but my husband would never let me spend that much. I like Houndstooth but I guess it's too old 'cause I can't really find it anywhere. I like the pretty blue of the All-Star Blue, but I don't want to go on sports overload. I love the Jonah at bestbuybaby.com, but I'm afraid the DOM will be ancient. So, I've pretty much decided that Granite is the seat I want to order, but there's a strange issue with it.

Most of the sites that offer Granite have it pictured with black harness pads, and I don't like that. Ex: http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/bestbuybaby_1984_335757

In the MA Fashions section of the Britax site, it is shown with matching Granite harness pads, yet in the Parts and Accessories section where you can order covers, it is shown with black instead.

Here's the way I'd like to have it, shown at target.com: http://www.target.com/gp/detail-tab...&asin=B000YSNMG2&tabToSelect=additionalImages
But I figure Target's is always going to be full price, and I'd like to find one for less.

So, what's the deal with the different harness pads? Does it mean one is older or something? Also, do you think the U of M cover I ordered (at babycatalog.com) will come with it's own matching navy pads? Do most sets?

ADS

jdchic3

It's just the stock photo. I don't know that I've ever seen a Britax in real life that didn't have comfort pads that didn't match. I've seen stock photos of the Ashley Floral and Cowmooflage that didn't match either, but IRL they do. ;)

PS I have the All Star Blue and :love: it! The gloves and balls and things blend in because they're the exact same color. I'm sure you'll be happy no matter which you choose!

Valentine

Ok so even if the pic shows differently, they should match when it comes? That's great, thanks for letting me know! If not I'd have to send it back, ha ha!

Do all Britax covers purchased separately from seats come with the matching harness pads?

jdchic3

I'm sure the MA DC and BV do. The RA doesn't, not sure about the DP. Anyway, yo'ure getting a MA and they come with comfort pads and the belly pad. Although I guess it's possible the collegiate covers don't.....Hmm..Do you have the link where you ordered from? I DO know that the ones you order from Britax have them though.

Melizerd

The collegiate covers ordered separately do NOT come with the harness covers. I don't know of anywhere to get JUST the harness covers either :( It's the reason I'm not getting a University of Wisconsin one. How the heck would I match RED? So it's not happening.

melniemi

Target's marathons were $235 at the last sale and they always have 10% off coupons and often have free shipping. This is what I am planning to do when the sale comes.

ymherrera

You can order replacement harness pads (black only) off the Britax site I think it is under accessories.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
They used to all be black, so the pictures might be older (or, yeah, stock photos, in case they decide they don't want to make matching ones anymore...it's gotta be cheaper to just crank out black ones for all the seats).... (I take them right off, anyway...they make my straps twist too easily...:eek:)

Welcome to the board, btw!

Jewels

Senior Community Member
When I orderd my Ashley Floral it was pictured with black or gray harness covers but said they were matching. Sure enough they were matching ;)

Also, the Cowmoo cover comes with black harness straps. It is really cute :love: Mine is before the black straps, they used to be tan and that is the spare cover on the other seat that is no longer with us do to a collision with a deer :rolleyes:
image.jpg

ETA: I just re-read you post and you want a seat with grey straps not black :eek:

Melizerd

Can you order just the collegiate covers? I am looking for a LSU one and can't seem to find it anywhere.

Finding separate covers for Colleges is pretty tough. I don't think there were too many separate and the ones that were have been snatched up.

ETA: I want the Orange cover minus the college logo, just because I think it's a great color!

krystin_21a

I just really want the LSU cover! Not because it is purple (I could do without with a boy) but because I think in the long run it may help me keep my son from protesting being harnessed and rear facing (extended). My family is not really up in ERF and extended harnessing. My son is only 9 months old but I fear that once he gets older (and we move back closer to home) and sees others doing the no harness thing he may want to as well. At least if I get a "cool" cover it may keep him from protesting.

melniemi

Britax has 2 authorized sales each year. The last one was in September and the past couple of years it has been Feb and Sept so we are guessing the next will be in Feb as well. The sale generally runs for about a week.

Valentine

The collegiate covers ordered separately do NOT come with the harness covers. I don't know of anywhere to get JUST the harness covers either :( It's the reason I'm not getting a University of Wisconsin one. How the heck would I match RED? So it's not happening.

I want to let everyone know that I received the U of Mich MA cover (just the cover, not the seat) that I ordered from babycatalog.com, and it DID include harness pads! I wasn't expecting it to, but I was pleasantly surprised when I opened the package and, yep, there they were!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC