What DS and I saw tonight

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
We aere on our way to town to got to WM and eat when I notice a Nissan Titan that is waiting to turn onto the highway. In the front seat I see a little girl maybe around 5-6 yo who is sitting with her face up by the handle to help pull yourself in. So babsically right by the egde of the dash by the door. I assumed she had a seatbelt on, but had the shoulder part behind her and leaning forward. I say something to DS and he say Mom there is another little girl in the seat with her. We get a stoplight and I pull up by the truck and sure enough there isa maybe 3 yo in the same seat as the other girl. The younger girl is wearing the seatbelt and the older one has nothing restaining her. The driver whoever she was was just yacking away on her cell phone.

I so wanted to follow her, but did not want to get myself into a situation I should not be in. I am sure she knew better and is just plain ignorant. :mad:

I did not have my cell, but did write her plate down and when I got home I reported her on the Govenor's hotline. Hopefully when she gets thta packet of paperwork telling her the laws and why her kid need to be in the back seat in proper restraints she will listen. Yes ther was a back seat. It was an extended cab.

Stupid, stupid lady!!! :mad::(

ADS

maipenrai

Senior Community Member
I really don't understand how people can have such blatant disregard for their children's safety. It's one thing to try your best but not get it right, but to not even attempt to put them in a seat or seat belt?

I hope those little girls made it home safely.

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
I hope they did too. I so wanted to be able to call someone right then. I did see a cop, but he was at a accident scene and would not have been ideal for me to stop.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC