Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Thread: Graco Nautilus

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Graco Nautilus

I purchased the G Nautilus at my local Wal-mart for $149.99

I was amazed at how huge and heavy the box was! It took up the entire back seat of my Misubishi Lancer.

Once I got the beast inside of the house I pulled it out of the box. This seat does require quite a bit of assembly to get it together, but it is quite simple if you read the instructions from the manual.

You need to snap the headrest in place.

The arm rests in place.

The seat has quite a bit of EPS foam on the head rest, more than most seats!

The harness straps are threaded through the guides and rest on red rollers that makes harness adjusting a BREEZE.

Here is the seat on the lowest setting compared to the Britax Marathon

The highest harness setting

The head rest does raise one more increment to use as a booster

The cover is very similar to the turbo booster, but the infant insert is a lot softer, very similar to the "super cool" cover on the radian.

The seat installs like easily and I was able to get a great install.

Latch/Tether are NOT to be used on the seat while in booster mode. The harness needs to be removed as well when using in booster mode. (I just didn't want to spend the time removing it for this picture)

Measurements of the seat that I could get

You can read the manual directly from the Graco website at:
    http://www.gracobaby.com/catalog/pro...ID=1&subCatID=

The more I use this seat the more I love it. The seat does have 2 recline positions but it seems to just cause an installation problem more than recline the actual seat so I never use it in either recline position.

I would (and already have) definitely recommend this seat to friends, especially those growing out of the harness heights of the marathon.

The only thing I would change on this seat if given the opportunity, would be to change the LATCH attachers to the britax alligator style, allow it to rear face and give it an 8 year expiration instead of 6 year.

The only installation problem is that this seat will not be able to be used as a backless booster due the way my seats are designed. (They are angled upward between the buckle stalk and the back of the seat)

Feel free to send me a PM with any questions or for specific pictures.

Brendan's Mom has also posted some great comparision pictures on her thread you can see below:
    http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.p...tilus+pictures

**ADD**

Last edited by sb518; 02-02-2008 at 01:18 AM.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads