box damaged in transit!

U

Unregistered

Oh no, my Wizard never showed up tonight so I looked into the shipping status. It shows that at 6:35 tonight they recorded the box was damaged in transit and they were going to contact the shipper with details! I'm wondering, how bad the damage is and whether Albee will send another seat and if not whether I should accept a seat in a damaged box? Our first Husky came in a box that looked fresh from the factory. The second had been squashed/rubbed against something else ( kinda blackened) and the latch clips had started to rub through the plastic the seat was packed in. I worried a bit but figured it was probably ok as everything looked good and not banged about. If they are concerned about this box I can't imagine what it looks like!!!
Wondering mostly what to do if they decide to deliver the seat in the damaged box.
Thanks,
C.

ADS

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
If it looks like it was run over by a truck, I'd refuse it. ;) If it looks like one small corner got wet, and the rest of the box and the contents were untouched, I'd feel fine using it. You could also call Britax to ask them, after you see the box/seat, if you're not sure one way or the other. I would expect the store to be good about replacing it, if the shipper screwed up. The store should be compensated by the shipper, if they insured it, and if they didn't, well, I guess that's their fault, and they should replace it at their own expense.

U

Unregistered

Thanks for the replies. I kind of panicked trying to imagine what had happened to my $200+ 'box' ! I wonder whether it fell out of the truck... it was out for delivery and about 20 minutes before I expected it it was recorded as being damaged. I e-mailed AlbeeBaby and they already had another seat on its way!!! Whew, I'm glad I didn't need it in a hurry. I'm happy to wait until next week knowing it's a new seat.
C.

bazanna

Senior Community Member
My Husky came in a damaged box but I did what the above posters suggested, just inspected the box, the contents, etc...and I felt comfortable accepting it. Like Ulrike said, though, if it'd been run over by a truck...well ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC