Hospital Car Seat Form

ADS

amy919

Wow - now that is something I have never seen before. I like it! I do wonder who is checking and how qualified they are. It would be great if hospitals actually had a CPST on staff to handle this, provide information and help with installs.

When Kaylie was born, they simply asked if we had a car seat. We said yes and left.

When Teagan was born, they made us show them the car seat before they gave us the discharge papers. They didn't check it or anything, though. The nurse glanced at and said OK. It could have been a crappy expired seat with no straps and she wouldn't have noticed.

mish

I work in a hospital and am a CPS tech. I check the seat of every baby before they leave the hospital. Honestly, it makes most parents mad! I can't understand it. If that would have been offered when I had my kids, I would have been thrilled.

sb518

That is great!! I hope they actually go through the recall lists and everything and not just check the straps and expiration dates! :thumbsup:

skaterbabs

It concerns me some....the release nurse when I had Joy actually tried to tell me her harness was too tight. I knew better (it was actually looser than I liked, but it was a tight as it would go), but what about the mom who doens't know better?

swags

It was a CPST who actually came a checked out seat. She went over a recall list with us and then had me put DS in his seat to make sure it was being used correctly. They didnt check our vehicle and base but probably would have if we had asked them to.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC