This is why i chose the Recaro Signo

ADS

keri1292

I think my MA would contain the head just as well in that case. Offset impact, probably depends on the angle. But, the Signo looks like a great seat. :thumbsup:

lovinwaves

And a reason I would buy any other child restraint for my child that had sides (preferrably with EPS foam). :)

Synchro246

I'm hijacking a touch here. Even though it's not a pressing issue at this point for me, I was wondering if I should get anonther BV (to keep older DS in one) or get a Regent (and move DS2 to the BV). The regent doesn't really have too much side right? WWYD?

CandCfam

Keep in mind though, that that particular crash test is of a booster seat, so the child isn't contained as well due to it being only in a seat belt. A 5 point restraint would hold the body in one place much better. Of course, the head is still going to flip about some.

But, yeah, anything with wings around the head, can't be a bad thing, IMO.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Well...seeing that would make me want to buy a Jane' Indy Plus, anyway :cool:
A harness seat, regardless of massive side or headwings, will do an excellent job of protecting the upper body and head in a side impact. A regular three point vehicle seatbelt needs a lot of help from a nice deep booster to prevent the head from flying out and hitting the door or oncoming bumper, though.
Which is not to say the Signo is bad, of course... but I don't feel any guilt at all putting my kids in seats without big headwings, but WITH EPS foam (Radian/Roundabout/Marathon)...

:thumbsup:

hsk06

I cancelled the order and want to put my daughter in the seat frist to make sure.
My 2 choices now are the Signo and Britax Blvd.
If the Signo were made in America or Germany, then I should not have any dout but since it is made in China, I will have a second thought.
I am going to babiesrus today to see if my daughter fit well in the Blvd. If so, I'll go with the Blvd since It is high rated among moms.

My concern is that is is sallow and may not hold my 5 percentile daughter well. Right now she is 18 lbs and still have the peg perego untill 22 lbs so no hurry here.

lovinwaves

My concern is that is is sallow and may not hold my 5 percentile daughter well. Right now she is 18 lbs and still have the peg perego untill 22 lbs so no hurry here.

I think both seats you will be very happy with the fit.

Here is a 3mth old in a Recaro Como (Signo's sister seat). He fit very well, and was an easy install. I personally really like the Como and Signo. My next seat will be a Como or Signo. :)

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=25038&highlight=como

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC