What to ask?

Mattkarn

Bear with me this is kind of long. I am thinking about buying the new Graco Natalius and re-harnessing the four year old I watch. He has some delays in his speech and motor skills and doesn't sit how I would like him too. (I would guess he is about the level of a young three year old.) I am constantly asking him to sit correctly. And I am always thinking about it, even when we aren't in the car. I almost feel guilty and feel he isn't safe. My mom will also complain if I buy another car seat and "waste" my money on another car seat. :rolleyes:
He is about 45 pounds, 43 inches, and his a 15.5 inch torso. I am thinking about selling the Vivo I currently have for him. Once he out grows the harness on the Natalius (hopefully in a couple years)he can use it as a booster, and by the time he is out growning that seat as booster his brother will be out growing his Vivo and moving to a backless booster. His brother is currently 7.5 years, 56 pounds and has a 19inch torso. He can use his brothers Vivo, and his brother can use the Graco as a backless booster if he still needs a booster. I am talking in a couple years from now.
I only drive them about 1-2 days a week during the school year, but I do make quite a few long trips with them in the summer. Examples, I go on vacation to NY with them, take them to their grandmas house (7 hours drive), and we go to Kings Dominion 2 times a month sometimes more (3 hours drive).
What do you guys think? I am not trying to sell this seat here but if I were to sell it what should I ask for it? It was manufactured in Feb 07, so it almost a year old. But I bought it in August, so it has only been used about 6 months. No stains, no accidents or anything, I have do have the manual. I paid about $95 for it.
Thanks in advanced. :)

ADS

skaterbabs

I believe the formula is to divide the cost by the number of years the seat is good for and then subtract a year from that number. So if it was $95, good for 6 years, you'd subtract about $16 from the $95 because $95 divided by 6 is about $16.

melniemi

I think reharnessing the 4 yo is a great idea. But then again this is me - I am reharnessing my 6 & 7 yo because they don't sit right either. If I only have 1 of them with me, they sit fine, but that happens like once a month, and never on the long drives.

I would sell the vivo for $80 shipped or $70 picked up. Is it a vivo or vivo lite? I know they were on sale for $85 and $75 not too far back. But with no sales right now, you should be able to sell it fine.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC