What I saw at Wal-Mart today

Chex

I haven't been over to the carseat section of my Wal-Mart for a long time, so I decided to check out what they have. I saw some new Sceneras with a cute pink, flowery cover. I'd never seen them have girly covers before. (I wasn't sure if they've been around a long time and I just hadn't noticed them, or if they're new). Anyway, they were pretty cute, if anyone w/a girl was thinking about getting one.

I did notice that my Wal-Mart is still lacking the Nautilus. I looked everywhere, but there were none in sight. There actually weren't any Uptowns either. I wanted to compare those to the Sceneras in person. I've never compared them side-by-side. Are they taller than the Sceneras? Are they still being made?

-Ann

ADS

HEVY

I seen those car seats too in mine. They looked nice and big (though not for me to use) but I wonder if it's an overflow cause they had like 20 of them wrapped in plastic instead of a box, they also had some infant seats wrapped the same way just all piled on top of each other.

jdchic3

No GN at our Wal Mart either. At least not the one I went to today. They had the girly Scenara too! And it was on sale for 43 something! :D

mamaofthree

No Nautilus at my Walmart (not buying one there but can't resist the urge to look for it still), but I too saw a TON of something wrapped in plastic, as well as the girly sceneras on a huge display in the middle of the store. And a bunch of Evenflo HBB's.

Kimberly

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Dorel is shipping all the scenera's in those bags now, so it's not overflow - just normal shipping packaging. ;)

HEVY

Well those flower sceneras are really nice, I loved my shbb but I would have liked to have that one. The flower ones look nicer than the others.

melniemi

My walmart finally has the pink scenera too - and the Triumph Advance. There were only 2-3 EFTAs, none on display (the old triumph was on display above the boxed new ones). There were lots of brown and pink sceneras in bags as well as the cosco harnessed booster in bags.

No nautilus:( But I'm not surprised since we just now got the triumph advance and pink scenera.

maipenrai

Senior Community Member
Wow, I'll have to check our Wal-mart. Their stock is really slim-they have only been carrying 4-5 seats and only have about 3 of each in stock at a time. It would be great if we could get the Nautilus here.

JessicaS

I don't get out to our walmart very often since my husband would kill me, but when I do get to go (on the pretense that I'm with a friend who wants to go there) they never have the Daisy Daze Scenera and it makes me mad since that is the only thing I'd considering purchasing at walmart! I would really like one to replace my spare seat (crappysport), and for travel instead of the MA. I love the MA but would rather travel with a Scenera.

PixieEMT

I think Dorel is trying to green with those plastic bags. They double as a carry case. Kind of cool I guess. Just as long as they aren't getting tossed around too much!

I wanted to buy one for a friend that is expecting a girl next month. Her shower was last week. I ended up chipping in with 2 other people and we got her a Triumph Advance! Well, anything is better than the Graco SS only she wanted for the new DD! Ugggggg Forward Facing only and she would have done it too soon! I've sent her some ERF propaganda!
Sara

vamom

Well the other gn is gone from one local walmart, the other hasn't gotten one yet. Found a few as I traveled up the coast this weekend.

Every walmart had teh pink sceneros. One had the uptown for 45, the other 44.

I also saw a graco pedic backless booster, 24.something.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC