WWYD?

Dillipop

We were given/lent a FPSE for DS2 from a trusted family who goes to our church. It is in great condition, but it will expire at the end of February.

Should I mention to the family that I will be destroying it and give them the option to destroy it or do I just get rid of it when the time comes?

We haven't talked about the seat since they gave it to us a year ago, so how would you bring it up?

Any advice? TIA!

ADS

bethng

We were given/lent a FPSE for DS2 from a trusted family who goes to our church.
We haven't talked about the seat since they gave it to us a year ago, so how would you bring it up?

Any advice? TIA!

was it given to you or lent? If lent I would give it back and say you cant use it because its expired. Tell them they need to destroy it. If it was given to you ...then I would just double check that they dont want it back and then tell them what you are going to do and why.

Dillipop

There was never any mention of returning it, but that doesn't mean they weren't expecting it back, kwim?

Melanie

I'd mention that it's expiring and that you are planning on destroying it. Just in case they aren't aware of how important expiration dates are...you wouldn't want them to let someone else use it.

mamaofthree

I would just bring it up by thanking them for it. Tell them you are grateful for having it to use, but that it is now expired and should be destroyed. Tell them you are happy to get rid of it but just wanted to let them know because it is theirs. That way, in case there's a chance they don't know about expiration dates, there isn't any weirdness about what happenned to the seat.

Kimberly

singingpond

If you have the impression they loaned you the seat, I would definitely speak to them. Even an expired carseat can be a useful object. For example, DD outgrew her Snugride 4 months ago, but we still strap her into it in the house occasionally (e.g. when her older brothers are getting a bath, and we want to keep her safely with us in the bathroom; or if we have her down in the basement and need to put her down for a few minutes). This particular seat isn't expired, but it would still serve the purpose if it were. Also, depending on the family, older children might enjoy using it as a toy.

Basically, if it's their property, they should be consulted, as the object does have some residual value after the expiration date. If they don't know about expiration dates on carseats, hopefully they can be educated.

Katrin

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC