Fitting 3 across

U

Unregistered

Hi, I'm new to this board and it seems that you all have great information. I have twins and am expecting our third, our twins will be 2 when the baby is born. I'm really hoping not to have to buy a minivan ... so I'm looking for information on fitting 3 seats across. We're looking at possibly buying a Volvo wagon or a Honda Pilot. For those of you who fit three across, what kind of car do you have and what kind of car seats?

Thank you so much for your help!!

ADS

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
I have 2 front facing Britax Marathons and a rear facing Britax Roundabout in my Pilot's middle row. There's room to spare.

However, a minivan will still give you more space, convenience and comfort than an SUV. I highly recommend taking the Honda Odyssey and the Toyota Sienna for a test drive before deciding, even if you're leaning toward a wagon or SUV. I've owned both (Saturn SW2 and Honda Pilot), and I'd trade either of them for a Sienna in a heartbeat if I could!

mamamia

We fit 3 across in DH's 2001 Subaru wagon, but I agree with PP it is so much easier to have them in my Sienna.

WE have fit two FFIng Wizards and a RFing Roundabout in the subaru, but also lots of other combinations of seats as well.

U

Unregistered

3 across

I have 3 seats across the back of my mom's 94 Toyota Camry, a rf'ing Marathon, a ff'ing Roundabout and a ff'ing Wizard. They fit pretty well. I've also had 3 across in a 2003 Chevy Impala (tons of room), a 2005 Chevy Silverado ext. cab, an 88 Honda Accord (different seats-2 comfort sports and an ultra cargo), a 2003 Ford Focus ZX5 (same seats as in the Honda), and a 2000 Mazda 626 (same seats as in the honda). Good luck to you.

uccomama

Senior Community Member
Unregistered said:
Hi, I'm new to this board and it seems that you all have great information. I have twins and am expecting our third, our twins will be 2 when the baby is born. I'm really hoping not to have to buy a minivan ... so I'm looking for information on fitting 3 seats across. We're looking at possibly buying a Volvo wagon or a Honda Pilot. For those of you who fit three across, what kind of car do you have and what kind of car seats?

Thank you so much for your help!!

I have a Volvo Wagon and I wouldn't recommend it if you want to fit three seats across on a permanent basis. The space between the seat belt buckles in the middle seat are narrow. Britax convertibles will work in the middle because they have narrow bases. I don't have an infant but do have a website with some photos of different booster seat combinations. Which might be of help.

http://uccomama-ivil.tripod.com/id8.html

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
I've fit 3 accross in my '05 Escape Hybrid, but not as easily as is possible in a minivan & since my foster parenting certification is now on schedule {to finish by 2006} I know that as soon as the Hybrid Sienna is available - I heard it will have AWD as well as swiveling captain chairs in the middle - 2008 ... I will undoubtedly be trading in for the minivan!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC