EZ on heavy duty ta's vs. untethered ma

melniemi

I just ordered the EZ on heavy duty anchors after I went to the mechanics and he assured me that the floor of the back of my van is a solid sheet of metal and that he could install the tas for me.

I keep reading about installing a ma w/ff lock-off in a place with no tas since it is held more steady by the lock-off.

I will have 1 husky, 1 regent, 1 ff ma and 1 rf ma. I have 1 ta for ps or center in 3rd row and 1 set of latch in each captain's chair in the 3rd row.

Would you install the heavy duty anchors and put the husky and regent in the 3rd row? (This would be my preference)

Or I could put either husky or regent in 1 captain's chair and 1 in the back w/ff marathon (ma not tethered)

I want to keep rfing ma in the 2nd row for my own convenience and sanity. The kids in the 3rd row keep her very entertained.

So, should I just use the 3 tas in my vehicle or would install the ezon tas?

Thanks.

ADS

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
If the mechanic says he can install them solidly then I would have the TA's installed. You can use the MA FF lockoffs, but it only holds the shoulder strap. It will helps, but not as much as having a actuall TA. :twocents:

melniemi

I'm hoping my dh will be willing to install them for me. He is more than capable. I am also hoping that after he sees the husky and how nice it is to have 1 boy reharnessed that he will want to get another - rather than me trying to sell things to come up with the money.

Thanks for your input. I love your dd's coat. Maybe it'll fit my dd next winter - if you want to get rid of it (hint hint:whistle:)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC