Car Seat 60's style

classicseats

Child safety at it's 60's best! White vinyl and all. Hook it over the back of the seat and go. Use the strap if you feel like it! The armrest should hold you in!

Last edited:
ADS

DabOfLoven

My brother was in a seat simular to this when my parents was in a pretty bad car wreck! In a split instinct before the impact happened my mom was able to hold it and my brother actually walked away unharmed. My mom had a heck of a blackeye/cheek from hitting the dash.

InTheWoods

My mom told me I used to sit in something like this. She was a little vague on the details, but that's the right era, and I can't imagine the selection was all that great back then. So must be it.

Would make a great over-the-rail deck chair, too. :rolleyes:

mommy4girls

Senior Community Member
My brother was in a seat simular to this when my parents was in a pretty bad car wreck! In a split instinct before the impact happened my mom was able to hold it and my brother actually walked away unharmed. My mom had a heck of a blackeye/cheek from hitting the dash.

My oldest sister was in a crash in one of those seats too. I don't know all the details, but I believe it was a roll-over. She's a dr now, so she survived ok! But I'm always shocked!!

natysr

My mom said that my brother had a seat like that. He was born in 1972. She said when he was 2 1/2, they drove nearly 300 miles with him in that seat in their Ford Javilen to Houstan to see a baseball game. She mentioned that he wasn't very comfortable either. Oh, also she said that my brother was probably about 25 pounds at the time.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC