FPSVD - gone?

amy919

Is it really and truly gone? I was debating between this and the Safety 1st Uptown for Teagan. The only place I can find it is albeebaby.com. Is that my only option? If so, where's the best place to get an Uptown? It's not available in any stores around here.

ADS

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Sadly, I think Albeebaby is the only place that has any FPSVD's in stock! The Uptown is $99 at Target.

If you can't find the FPSVD anywhere else then is it out of the running for you and you'll get the Uptown?

amy919

If you can't find the FPSVD anywhere else then is it out of the running for you and you'll get the Uptown?

I'm not sure. What is the expiration on the FPSVD? I think they only have 2006 models. Chances are, it'll last her a long time. I don't want to spend the money on another MA since it won't be used on a regular basis. I guess I'm OK with an Uptown, my only concern is that I don't "know" the seat and have never seen on IRL to play with it. I haven't seen an FPSVD IRL either, but I'm more comfortable with that since I have a MA. I don't want another Scenera, only because I hated installing it.

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Here it talks about the FPSVD and someone mentioned a Sept '07 DOM. You could always call and ask about it.

What about a EFTA?

amy919

Thanks for the tips on the ebay seats and the Uptown prices!

Honestly, I'm just not a fan of the EFTA. I think it's a great seat, but I just can't stand the knobs. It's a little more than I wanted to spend. I was initially trying to spend about $100 per seat, but that's already been blown out of the water since I'm pretty much sold on the Nautilus for Kaylie. On the other hand, this would be the back up seat and their grandparents would occassionally be using them, which makes the EFTA a great choice because I do think it's easy to use. I just don't like those knobs! But then again, that infinite adjust harness makes it so versatile and fool proof that my parents could borrow it for my nephews and I would be able to use it when transporting them in my car instead of having to install their normal seats in my car all the time.

Damn it! I narrowed it down to the Uptown and FPSVD and now you've got me considering the EFTA. But I just don't like those knobs! Since Matt will be using it the most, maybe I'll force him to suffer a trip to BRU with me and try it. If he likes it, maybe we'll go with that. He was really sold on the FPSVD, though since he loves the MA.

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Damn it! I narrowed it down to the Uptown and FPSVD and now you've got me considering the EFTA. But I just don't like those knobs! Since Matt will be using it the most, maybe I'll force him to suffer a trip to BRU with me and try it. If he likes it, maybe we'll go with that. He was really sold on the FPSVD, though since he loves the MA.
Sorry :p

Personally I wouldn't rule out the FPSVD yet. I would get him to try out the EFTA and if he doesn't like it then get the FPSVD.

I agree with you, I too really like the Nautilus.

arly1983

Lets see, I have seen the FPSVD IRL twice now.

The first thing I noticed both times was how different the cover is. It is like the fabric on those industrial couchs you see in waiting rooms (if you know what I mean) I bet it would be a pretty cool cover in the summer.

The second thing I noticed was the base. It is quite odd looking when you are not used to seeing that.

The no HUGS looked odd. It seemed adjust the same as an MA overall. If I needed a spare for that price and my kids fit, I would be all over it.

The uptown for $67 is really nice price for a 40 lb seat. Obviously, it is not going to last as long weight wise. Nice tall slots.

The EFTA, you know I love for myself.....I was really quite surprised how fast my Mom took to it. I thought she would get confused with knobs but she loved them and raved on and on about the infinate adjust. BRU has a 15% off in store only coupon right now, if you used it on a $130 model, then it would be roughly 110 plus tax.

They are all great choices.....I think I would have to let DH decide, LOL.

Yoshi

If I can say one thing- it;s that the EFTA knobs are NOT an issue for us (and the old knobs on the old Triumph were a deal-breaker for us, actually) If I could show you how easy peasy it is, I would! The display ones in the store do not seem to behave the way they should, but ours has given us ZERO problems. We have the Sandbox cover. Also, the slots are higher than the FPSVD, as far as my recollection goes- because DD with her 15.25" torso still fits in the EFTA with an inch of room, whereas in the MA/DC/FPSVD, she is over the top slots. AND there is more leg/seat depth, more overall width and WAY more room in the shoulders than the Uptown also!!!!!!

PixieEMT

Did anyone else have a FPSVD and the harness started fraying? I had that problem with my SVD. A DOM of 8/2006 in Circus Dots.

I was bummed out.:( But.....then I got happy when they replaced it with a Mossy Oak MA! lol:D

Wineaux

My IL's purchased a FPSVD from Albeebaby in the early fall. As myself, and others have said, the DOM was like Sept. 2007. The seat was easy to install, and I like the red and black cover. So does Ian. ;)

There was a semi-recent thread which had info from a Britax rep who stated that they were using up the last of their FPSVD parts by making these last seats that are floating around right now. So the ones at Albeebaby at least are all newish seats made at the end of the summer of 2007.

Burlington Coat Factory is clearing out their last FPSVD's in Circus Dots for $85, if you can find one in your area. Grab em while you can! Other than that, Albeebaby seems to be the most reputable dealer who still has FPSVD's in stock.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC