Nautilus

ajnashmom

Question... is the new Nautilus in high back booster mode tall like a parkway or is it shorter like the Compass. How many inches of torso does it allow in high back mode?

Thanks in advance.

ADS

ajnashmom

Thank you... So that would be more like the Compass b-510 then, right..

Another question tho...it says it is good from about 1 yr to 10 yrs.."the last car seat you need after rear-facing.." ---Does that mean this seat doesn't fall under the 6 yr expiration rule?

Thanks again. :)

Thank you... So that would be more like the Compass b-510 then, right..

Another question tho...it says it is good from about 1 yr to 10 yrs.."the last car seat you need after rear-facing.." ---Does that mean this seat doesn't fall under the 6 yr expiration rule?

Thanks again. :)

Sadly the seat has a 6 year limit. So really it would last 1-6, that is a good point! you would need to buy 2 of them to get to 12.

I cannot compare to the Compass (they have not arrived here yet).

ajnashmom

Is it true that a lot of booster seats do not have expiration dates... so maybe the expiration date is for use in harness mode and not in booster mode? :confused:

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
Most boosters do have expiration dates. The plastic in them breaks down just like it does in harnessed seats.

Susan

Is it true that a lot of booster seats do not have expiration dates... so maybe the expiration date is for use in harness mode and not in booster mode? :confused:

All car seats have a lifespan - lucky us in NZ we have some seats with up to 10 years lifespan - and we have the worst UVA and UVB rays on earth...go figure.:whistle:

CRS

Senior Community Member
I was wondering that too, why do we have a 10yr span and the US does not? Do you think that the plastic is different?

I am pretty certain that the plastics definitely do have an additive added to them to help guard against deterioration from the heat and sun. Though whether this is different from anywhere else in the world I've no idea. Personally, I think they just don't have "expiration" dates because that's not the "done thing" in NZ, Europe, Australia.

On any of the many Nautilus threads---does anyone have pics of the it fully extended back to back with a Turbo Booster or any other booster ?

Not that I have seen. I have seen it with the MA and the SafeGuard.
I'm sure someone will be able to get the photo for you, if they have the Turbo. (I know one of the PP on this thread is getting the GN and has the Turbo).

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
My older TBs are definitely breaking down. I have two that were made in '02, and I took them apart a few months ago and found numerous places inside the shell (where you can't see it) that had white stress-marks. These have been pretty well-treated, but also well-used; one was in a minor accident and I made the "parental decision" to keep it as a back-up, but even still the marks on it were no worse than the other one.

They've both been relegated to "back-up" use now, though I'm comfortable using them and wouldn't choose to replace them before they expire this year even if I didn't have other seats they could use as primaries. But I certainly won't push the expiration date after seeing how they are starting to detoriate.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC