Nautilus online!

bp2002

I found it tonight on gracobaby.com! There isnt tons of info, but i figured ya'll might like to see it on graco's website?

ADS

mamaofthree

I'm sure they'll only add them as the stores get them. Walmart is the only store with them now and they carry Bravo. The Matrix is supposed to be released in Feb.

But where is the Matrix cover?

"At this time, there are only 3 patterns scheduled for production. The next Nautilus pattern, Matrix, is scheduled for release in mid to late February. It should be carried at The Baby Depot. This is also grey and black pattern. Babies R Us is estimated to carry the product around a March timeframe. It is also a grey pattern. All patterns are a neutral color combination of grey and black at this time. "

From another member on here.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
So, has anyone else read the manual? :)

It was a good read. ;) I especially found it interesting how they specifically mention some vehicles have lower weight limits than 48lbs for LATCH and to check the vehicle manual or contact the manufacturer.

For those who have the seat, how much of a pain are the strap guides with the red bar? Is it less confusing once you see it in person? Is it going to be a common misuse do you think?

sb518

So, has anyone else read the manual? :)

It was a good read. ;) I especially found it interesting how they specifically mention some vehicles have lower weight limits than 48lbs for LATCH and to check the vehicle manual or contact the manufacturer.

For those who have the seat, how much of a pain are the strap guides with the red bar? Is it less confusing once you see it in person? Is it going to be a common misuse do you think?

I don't think they are a pain at ALL they are actually great, they make the harness adjustering so smooth and simple. I find there to a be a lot of mis-use type things with this seat if parents don't read and understand the manual, especially the red belt guides/head rest being in the right position. I think that will be the #1 misuse

snowbird25ca

I don't think they are a pain at ALL they are actually great, they make the harness adjustering so smooth and simple. I find there to a be a lot of mis-use type things with this seat if parents don't read and understand the manual, especially the red belt guides/head rest being in the right position. I think that will be the #1 misuse

That's good to hear that adjusting the harness height is easy. Hopefully parents will read the sticker on the headrest & get it in the right spot so it won't be as common a misuse.

Do you think it's fairly obvious that you'd have to remove the body pillow when using the upper slots since it's only allowed to be used with the bottom slots?

BuckeyezRule

I love this the best:
With 5-point harness: 20-65 lbs; 27"-52" height
As High-back Booster: 30-100 lbs; 38"-57" height
As Backless Booster: 40-100 lbs; 40"-57" height

Their recommendations on the site. =) That means 4 1/3 yo Lucas has 30lbs & 11" in 5pt mode left, & 3 1/3 yo Belle has 31 1/2lbs & 13" left! :) & I also LOVE how the harness says 65lbs on it, & the seat says 100lbs on it. ALL harnesses should have that. I know we should read, but many do not. :(

NOAHSMOM

"At this time, there are only 3 patterns scheduled for production. The next Nautilus pattern, Matrix, is scheduled for release in mid to late February. It should be carried at The Baby Depot. This is also grey and black pattern. Babies R Us is estimated to carry the product around a March timeframe. It is also a grey pattern. All patterns are a neutral color combination of grey and black at this time. "

Yes, but I was hoping that they would have the other covers online. But I have notice with the TB there are a lot of different black and grey combinations, so that does give me an idea of the variety of what they will look like.

Mylilboyblue

And it is funny because when I talked to my Graco Rep yesterday re: the Matrix print our store was getting soon, they said that there are only 2 prints that are going to be released! Hmmmm...well at least it is on the website!

L-and-A

And it is funny because when I talked to my Graco Rep yesterday re: the Matrix print our store was getting soon, they said that there are only 2 prints that are going to be released! Hmmmm...well at least it is on the website!

i was told the same thing by graco cs... there are only 2 prints being released

mamaofthree

Well there's prob only 2 then, since she didn't actually name the one Babies R Us was getting in March. Or maybe that one is gonna be a surprise!! I'm gonna try my best to hold out until then, unless I love Matrix. It sounds funky though. Shiny or gridlike, lol.

daycaremom2002

I have been reading through the manual and there is a couple things that caught my eye.

Page 18 and again on page 45 says that the front of the restraint must not hang over the edge of the vehicle seat. Does this mean that it will likely not work on the shorter benches in the back of trucks and/or suv's? I thought that as long as 80% of a seat was on the vehicle seat, that it was ok?

Page 60 makes a statement that surprises me. This seems like it may cause more problems for those who do seat checks.

*Continuous use of child restraint may cause damage to vehicle seat. Use a child restraint mat, towel, or thin blanket to protect upholstery.

Off to finish reading this to see if it will work for a few of my families.

Last edited:

snowbird25ca

Page 18 and again on page 45 says that the front of the restraint must not hang over the edge of the vehicle seat. Does this mean that it will likely not work on the shorter benches in the back of trucks and/or suv's? I thought that as long as 80% of a seat was on the vehicle seat, that it was ok?

Page 60 makes a statement that surprises me. This seems like it may cause more problems for those who do seat checks.

*Continuous use of child restraint may cause damage to vehicle seat. Use a child restraint mat, towel, or thin blanket to protect upholstery.

I saw that warning too & they're very definitive about it. I'm thinking maybe the way it's made it won't be as likely to stick off the end of the seat anyways?

I think it might be a case of calling Graco for clarification if we're talking 1" off the end of the seat, but for now the manual says must be 100% on the seat so that's what we'll have to follow.

As for the * part, that's been in the back of the SS1 manual for awhile. It puzzles me... but a thin flat towel or shelf liner is acceptable provided it doesn't interfere with the installation. My preference is not to use one & I recommend against them, but if parents really want one I tell them to get shelf liner or use an old thin towel or even a receiving blanket would work provided it's just a single layer. :thumbsup:

mamaofthree

I'm sure they put the bit about the shelf liner or thin towel in there because they don't want people complaining or sueing them because their seat ruined their car upholstery. I guess there's more chance of permanent creases, scrapes, whatever in a HWH seat right? More weight pressing down on the seat. I personally wouldn't care if my carseat flawed my car upholstery a bit, as long as it wasn't ripped or anything. You have to use a carseat, and I'd rather my kids be safe. But I think putting that blurb in there is unecessary- might make people extra paranoid and make them put something under it when they might not have. They should have just left it out and let the people who would truly be worried about it use a mat, which they would anyway.

Kimberly

jdchic3

My Snugride manual says this and it's why I used to have the Prince Lionhart mat under DS's snugride. I'm very glad you guys told me not to! :D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC