Clek Olli ?

sirrahn

I just broke a long dry spell of no carseat buying;) and got a Clek Olli for my 10 yr old. He's been complaining about his booster off and on for a while. He's been in a SR/C forever and we tried a few other boosters a few months ago and none of them were liked for various reasons and so he said he'd rather just stay with what he had.

He's at least 4'7" and about 75lbs and very close to passing the 5 step test in DH's car and the 3rd row of our van, but he's been riding in the second row and I still *really* don't like the lapbelt fit on him there since the seats are deeper and I think a little higher.

Anyway he's been complaining again and putting his legs into all sorts of weird contortions trying to get comfortable so we looked around online and he decided he wanted a Camo Clek. He's been using his SR/C backless for a while and at this stage, I have no problem with that.

We just got it today and oh, no, it looks *short*. He sat in it briefly and said it was really comfortable and felt fine, but I'm a little concerned that he was just trying to get back to playing Wii:rolleyes: I do really like how it makes the belt fit him...nice and low on his hips and the shoulder belt was perfect.

I think the fact that it doesn't slope down helps, but I'm a little concerned that it's not going really be a solution. I have no clue how I missed the 13.5" seat depth before I shelled out $90 for a backless booster:p (It was at least very impressively packaged and came with a carry bag LOL!)

Anyway...anyone want to comment on this seat for big kids or have any other suggestions if this isn't going to work? We also looked at the Combi Dakota, but we went for padding as that's been one of his big complaints. He did not like the mesh seat on the Air Booster.

TIA!

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
We like our Clek...but the kids do end up putting their feet up on the vehicle seat quite often... I'll be honest...Dakota owners seem to like their seat more than Clek owners, from my very limited experience. But hey, keep using it, see how it goes... it's definitely constructed well for that price, isn't it? :)

sirrahn

Thanks Julie. Maybe he's just going to be at a really awkward stage right now no matter what. I'll give it a while and see.

It's not like I won't ever have anyone else to use the Clek (and it is a very impressively made seat....I love the LATCH) so I'm not really worried that it was a waste or anything. Mostly I just really want him to be comfortable in the car so he'll quit complaining!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC