Oh the misuse! (as described on a playgroup)

kimogilvie

"now that i think about it we may have it installed with both belt & latch - if that is even possible. to be honest DH & his friend installed it... i do know that there is almost no play in the base so i really don't worry about it. we also bough the mighty tite belt adjuster from BRU - it really locks the belt in!"

ADS

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
:eek: I hope you or someone else mentions to them that thye can't install with both and that a mighty tight is only going to cause them to have to replace thier seatbelt not to mention a possible projectile I would not want to get hit with.

kimogilvie

I did tell her that both things were definitely no-nos and not recommended. I also highly recommended that she get her seat inspected by a Tech.

I never know how to handle that stuff because I'm not a Tech (would like to be...but no local classes anytime soon)....just an educated carseat nut.

Minniemouse

Senior Community Member
I've been part of a regional mom's group w/ about 100+ other moms/families for about 4 yrs or so now. I've done three Powerpoint presentations (complete w/ sample seats) and we have our own Car Seat section on our message boards.

I've got them all so well educated that I don't have to answer questions myself half the time... they take care of each other before I get to it! :D

I really like being part of the group, they are all smart moms that strive constantly to do the best for their kids.

After the first time I presented to them, about 25 kids were turned back rear facing or were moved back into harnesses. Crash test videos are very powerful!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC