Does anyone have a Nautilus and a Radian?

Holly

I just want to know if it's possible for the Nautilus to be installed outboard with a Radian installed RF in the center? Is the Nautils too wide to have a seat next to it in the center?
I think I want this seat, I'm going to check out both the true fit and Nautilus first, it will be months before I get a new seat so I have time to decide.

ADS

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
I'm trying my darnedest to get one, and I also have a Radian. I was supposed to try to pick one up today, but we got snowed in. :( It'll be Friday at the earliest before I can get one, unless my client goes into labor before then.

jennsmile

I hope to buy one tomorrow (if Walmart has them). I am trying to do a Nautilus, Radian RF, Husky/Regent. I will let you know if I get one. If not I still needed a spare seat for my 2 yo for his dad's car. ;)

Jenn

vamom

I now own a radian and a nautilus. I had the radian behind the driver and did not have enough room to put the nauty in the center balanced. So it came home passinger side. I haven't tried the radian in the middle yet, but will tomorrow if you would like.

The radian does not install well in the center of my pruis, but it looked like there would be room for it.

Kat_Momof3

in my van, it's a real tight fit... especially if you want a third child in there.

I haven't tried the Radian rf, but with it ff, you can only fit a FPSV booster backless or a seatbelt child next to it (I don't think you could fit another Radian).

I have pics if you'd like to see them... I'm having a day and just don't feel like adding them if they won't help.

jaded

I posted about this, I was initially unable to fit the Nautilus next to a rearfacing Radian(because I need to be using it rearfacing soon). I didn't try it with the Radian forward facing, I figured I'd jump that hurdle when the time comes.

After going back to my car, and spending more time with the seats, I was able to get them to fit next to each other, with the Radian in the middle, and the Nautilus outboard. It's a tight fight because of the Nautilus armrests. I have a '94 Sable. I was trying it with the Nautilus in the middle, and it wouldn't work for me.

Holly

in my van, it's a real tight fit... especially if you want a third child in there.

I haven't tried the Radian rf, but with it ff, you can only fit a FPSV booster backless or a seatbelt child next to it (I don't think you could fit another Radian).

I have pics if you'd like to see them... I'm having a day and just don't feel like adding them if they won't help.

Yeah, pics would be great!
I know I don't want the True Fit anymore because of the shorter top slots and the not being able to use the 3rd and taller slots for RF. I really need the Nautilus to work now! So, it's very tight, but is it doable right? I wont need a 3rd child in the back seat yet, but we are planning to get pregnant this summer, so next spring wed have a new baby. By that time, I would have the Nautilus and the Radian both FF outboard and the Snugride RF in the center between them. Do you think that would fit?
We have a 2007 Toyota Camry if that helps.

JOII

I can get them side by side quite easily ('03 trailblazer). However it makes the Radian slightly off center. Even pushed as close as it can be to the Nauti, it hangs over into the next outboard seat by 2" or so. The seat is in nice and tight and its easy to buckle despite that, however I don't know if this is an acceptable install or not.

No pics :(. My camera batteries are dead, though I can post some if needed once they charge.

Kat_Momof3

Yeah, pics would be great!
I know I don't want the True Fit anymore because of the shorter top slots and the not being able to use the 3rd and taller slots for RF. I really need the Nautilus to work now! So, it's very tight, but is it doable right? I wont need a 3rd child in the back seat yet, but we are planning to get pregnant this summer, so next spring wed have a new baby. By that time, I would have the Nautilus and the Radian both FF outboard and the Snugride RF in the center between them. Do you think that would fit?
We have a 2007 Toyota Camry if that helps.

Here are the pics... my jaw was locked up and my right arm was sore and throbbing (too much stress), so I just didn't want to post them if they wouldn't help since you said you were putting the Radian RF.

Now that I'm feeling better, I can think more and realize of course they would still help.

They were taken in the third row of my Caravan, which is not as wide as a Camry, so I would expect it possible to do this in the Camry with a Snugride outboard... but with the way the base is shaped, I am not sure about the snugride in the middle.

Thirdrow1.jpg

Thirdrow2.jpg

Thirdrow3.jpg

Thirdrow4.jpg

Thirdrow5.jpg

Thirdrow6.jpg

Holly

Thanks for the pics!

I think I've heard that the Keyfit is narrower than other infant seats, does anyone know if thats true?
If so maybe I could get a keyfit instead of my snugride (I'd like to anyway, but would not be able to convine dh unless the one we have didn't fit.)

Kat_Momof3

the keyfit is on the narrower side, but the narrowest seats are the combi and mia moda infant seats.

that's your best bet!

(of course, they are also the lightest and the combi (not sure about the mia moda... I didn't measure the seatback) is the tallest 22lb limit seat)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC