Airplane travel w/ boosters?

USmominOz

We are planing a trip home at the end of the year.

Dd will be 8.5 y/o 50 lbs ( if I am lucky) and will be on the plane w/no car seat and ds will be 5.3 y/o and about 45 lbs and he too will have no car seat on the plan since I am flying Int'l they may not let me use it since he is way over 2.
Qantas are pretty strict when it comes to car seats on the plane.

I am planing on bringing my 2 Graco HBB, but what is the best way to travel w/ them? Can I separate them and bring them on board as carry on luggage? I don't want to check them because the last time we came home they lost out luggage:mad:. I can live w/out my clothes but not my car seats:).

I am having a friend ship me a nautilus when she finds one.

I am planning on buying a 2nd nautilus when I am home to replace one of the boosters that will be expiring.

Will I be able to take the nautilus apart for traveling too?

ADS

MomToEliEm

The booster we use for travel is just too big and that seatback just won't fit well in my carry-on luggage. What I try to do is bring the backless portion (I have a turbo booster) and then get the highback portion in my checked luggage. At least that way I know that a usable booster will be available to me at my destination.

bensmom

Admin - CPS Technician
The booster we use for travel is just too big and that seatback just won't fit well in my carry-on luggage. What I try to do is bring the backless portion (I have a turbo booster) and then get the highback portion in my checked luggage. At least that way I know that a usable booster will be available to me at my destination.

I'd agree with this, especially because both of your children are over 40 pounds and meet the minimum requirements for using the seat as a backless booster.

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
When we flew in Nov, Sam and Fighter carried their backless boosters as carry-ons. They had backpacks as one of their carry-ons, and a backless TB and backless FPSVB; both fit in all of the upper storage compartments in the five planes we flew on (two were small planes). No one said anything about them, except one stewardess who politely reminded us as we were getting on the plane that the kids couldn't use them on the plane and that they would have to be stored.

Not sure what to do about the backs, though.

USmominOz

I was thinking about taking them apart and seeing if I could fit them in a piece of carry on. I know it is a long way away, but I may need to start looking for the just right piece of carry on luggage :rolleyes:.

Otherwise I will just carry the bottoms on. I just don't want anything to happen to the backs.

Cedarmom

I don't know if it is going to work or not but my plan in March is to take our Monarch apart and put both pieces in a clear plastic bag (the one it came in, probably) and take it as a carryon. It should fit in the overhead bin without a problem. Who knows if they will complain about it, though. :rolleyes:

USmominOz

I don't know if it is going to work or not but my plan in March is to take our Monarch apart and put both pieces in a clear plastic bag (the one it came in, probably) and take it as a carryon. It should fit in the overhead bin without a problem. Who knows if they will complain about it, though. :rolleyes:

To me carry on is carry on,and there will be 4 of us traveling.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC