Played with Infant Seats yesterday!

Mylilboyblue

So yesterday when I was at my store, buying onesies for D, I went to the carseat department to see if anything was new. I had the baby with me and my favorite co-worker was working so he said I could try out some seats. I didn't have a camera so I couldn't take any pictures, but I have some opinions on the seats with my big-ish almost 6 month old.

First I put Daniel in the Snugride 3 with the GracoPedic foam. He barely fit. He is about 28 inches and 18 pounds. He isn't small, but he isn't huge either. I *could* buckle him in, but since he is all torso, his head was really close to the top of the shell, and he looked just plain uncomfortable.

Next was the plain old SnugRide with the *ack* back adjusting harness. I am not sure if the lack of GracoPedic foam made a difference, but he seemed to have a bit more room in this seat hightwise, though barely. He looked so huge in this seat. We had a Snugride when he came home from the hospital, but he was out of it by 4 months since he hated the bucket seat.

They are good for small babies and wonderful for newborns, not my moose!

Next I tried the Safe Seat 1. I really liked this seat. I will be getting one for the next baby I have. DS fit in the seat nicely, though he needed the top slots. Again this seat has the thick GracoPedic foam, so I am not sure if that effects the height. He liked this seat, so did I. I can't figure out how some babies fit in this seat at 14 months, and why mine can't. :( I wanted to buy one 2 months ago, glad I didn't.

The Britax Companion was next. I couldn't get him in it with the headwings. He YELLED. I took off the headwings and he is almost too big for the seat. Same as the Snugride.

Finally, I tried the Peg SIP 30-30. While I loved this seat on display. Using it was a different story. While they increased the weight max, they didn't really increase the height. 30 inches? Almost every baby WILL grow out of this seat heightwise before weightwise. My 28 inch 6 month old only weighs 18lbs! He would only have 2 more inches to be able to ride in this expensive seat!
I bet most babies would outgrow this BEFORE a year. I put him in the seat and the headwings were SO RESTRICTIVE he couldn't really move his heat around. Also the height adjuster on the harness wasn't easy to use either. It makes me :( because I really liked this seat, it was so sharp looking! I wouldn't buy it, not for $250. Bummer!

ADS

vonfirmath

Next I tried the Safe Seat 1. I really liked this seat. I will be getting one for the next baby I have. DS fit in the seat nicely, though he needed the top slots. Again this seat has the thick GracoPedic foam, so I am not sure if that effects the height. He liked this seat, so did I. I can't figure out how some babies fit in this seat at 14 months, and why mine can't. :( I wanted to buy one 2 months ago, glad I didn't.

My 5 month old baby is over 16 pounds and over 26" (and with short legs!) and just in the first slots of his Safe Seat 1 (though he is just about ready to move to second slots)

I think if you installed the Safe Seat I in the car, instead of setting him in it in the store, you would find your boy was just on the second slots as well. WE kept thinking it was time to move him to the second slots, looking at him in the floor of our house. Then looking at him in the seat installed in the car, finding out his shoulders were not above the slot yet.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC