Auto Show coming up...I have an idea...

lovinwaves

I am thinking about taking a carseat to the upcoming 2008 Auto Show, and trying it in different vehicles..you know just for fun. Of course I would take pictures.

Any special requests?

I am thinking about taking the Marathon...

Then again, I could take the Radian AND Marathon. Put the two kids in the double Mountain Buggy, and put the two carseats in the new Baby Jogger double. Of course, then Dh would have to push ONE of the strollers :evil grin:

ADS

tl01

I think it's a great idea... though I bet the Marathon will install well in most cars. I think taking the Radian will be the more interesting seat. I used to think the Radian was really hard to install in my DH's car, but now that I have done it a bunch of times, it is pretty easy. I wonder if installing it in different cars will give you new insight on getting a good install with it.

Mama!

Take the recaro signo.

All those car show people spot the name RECARO a mile away and will want to see it.

My dad was enamored by the Signo. He told his tales of when he was young and worked on racecars. He said they all had recaro parts.:eek:

lovinwaves

MAMA! Good idea!

I am thinking about trying to install in like the weird or odd vehicles, like convertibles and sports cars LOL!! Just to see if they fit rear-facing.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I have to giggle when I imagine what all the other people at the auto show would be thinking as you carted around a car seat and installed it in multiple vehicles just for fun. :p

Sounds like fun though, and I will enjoy the pictures. :)

lovinwaves

I have to giggle when I imagine what all the other people at the auto show would be thinking as you carted around a car seat and installed it in multiple vehicles just for fun. :p

Sounds like fun though, and I will enjoy the pictures. :)

But I will be wearing my CPST Polo shirt(I got it from member skaterbabs in case anyone is wondering :love: )
That won't make me *as* nuts LOL!

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
But I will be wearing my CPST Polo shirt(I got it from member skaterbabs in case anyone is wondering :love: )
That won't make me *as* nuts LOL!

LOL. Make sure you take business cards with you - people are going to see your seats and want to know where they can get one too. :cool:

Auntie2Avi

OMG I should have done that!! I went to the preview of the LA Auto Show and it was really empty, we walked right into every car that was there, no wait at all. I wish I had thought of that!! UGH!!

mimieliza

Oh, definitely the Marathon! It's a widely available seat that theoretically should install well in most vehicles - if there is a particular vehicle you CANNOT get a good install in, it might indicate that the vehicle would be incompatible with many carseats.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Sounds like my kind of fun if it's allowed and auto show security doesn't chase you away. ;) Some vehicles might be cordoned off, or have a "look but no touch" accessibility. Depending on the show and the type of car, it might not be possible to do more than drool longingly. Fun either way for a car/carseat geek. :thumbsup:

Melizerd

OMG I wish you and I were close! I would go and do this with you! You're a genius. (now if only I was a tech already :( )

Will you come to Wisconsin to play with me pretty please?!

ETA: we could have a Mel team shirt :ROTFLMAO:

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
If they will let you do it them go for it. We are friend with a couple of the dealerships in town. I have considered asking if I can come to the lot with a couple of seats :whistle:

wildeyes

*chanting* do it do it do it!!!!! oh that sounds like sooo much fun...

wait a sec. im not a tech. if that sounds like fun.... maybe i should be......

southpawboston

i think it's a neat idea, if a little funny. i would not take a MA or a signo. i would take a seat that is notoriously difficult to achive a good installation with, like the radian, or a como. you will come away with more useful data than if you took a MA, which works well in most cars anyway. you should also document each install in a notebook (center, outboard, FF, RF, seatbelt, LATCH, etc).

usually, only really expensive cars are cordoned off or locked. most "common man" cars are open to the public.

Misty-Bug

that sounds like fun! I so wish I could be there. Even if it was to just push the other stroller. LOL. I would learn SO MUCH!!!
I would take a Radian and a seat that you KNOW installs well. Then you would know the tricks for those with Radians!!

lovinwaves

Sounds like my kind of fun if it's allowed and auto show security doesn't chase you away. ;) Some vehicles might be cordoned off, or have a "look but no touch" accessibility. Depending on the show and the type of car, it might not be possible to do more than drool longingly. Fun either way for a car/carseat geek. :thumbsup:

Yea, I figure I will ask each exhibitor before I do it. I figure it can't be any worse than a thousand people getting in and out of the same car over a few days.

Of course the roped off ones I won't even ask LOL!

Baby D

DH and I went to the Auto Show when it was here and took pictures of the unusual tether anchors and LATCH points. People looked at us like we were crazy. Didn't think to take a car seat. That would have been awesome. We were disappointed that very few of the people working there knew anything about car seats or installing them in that particular vechicle. :( It was fun though.

lovinwaves

Well sadly the auto show came and went. With all the excitement this weekend of selling our house we were unable to go :( :( :(

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC