Saw this on Bringing Home Baby

lovemyfamily

I had to take a pic of the TV to show you all this
47b8df26b3127cceb309a829ca0700000026108AZuGbds3Ytc

Look at the straps, they are around the head support!!

ADS

Auntie2Avi

UGH, I had to stop watching that show because of the poor carseat usage on almost every episode. I wish people would be required to go to a car safety class at the hospital/birthing center/doctors office before giving birth!

bethng

That show makes me so mad I cant even watch it. Between the horrid car seat use and the TERRIBLE breastfeeding advice those poor moms get I just want to throw a vase at my TV.

LimePink

Senior Community Member
Ridiculous. Imagine all of the thousands of new or soon to be moms watching that and not questioning it...and then doing it themselves or telling someone else it's ok because they saw it like that on the show. Ugh..:thumbsdown:

lovemyfamily

I think this was the same show that the dad could not get the carseat out of the base twice and he kept saying that he hated the carseat. Then I noticed later in the show, he had a different one. LOL

mamabear

UGH,I wish people would be required to go to a car safety class at the hospital/birthing center/doctors office before giving birth!

I agree, It frightens me some of the thing I've seen people do with carseats
Nothing beats what a friend of mine did. He TOTALLY modified the car seat and his car. I mean he took a cargo hook out of the back of his SUV and "drilled" it into the bottom of the front of his backseat and attached the LATCH part of his graco snugride to it and installed the carseat with the seatbelt and CARDBOARD boxes under it, and wrapped 2 beach towels all the way around it (between the vehicle seat and car seat base).I almost wanted to take a picture of it to post on here but couldn't. He actually thought he did a good job and said "this baby ain't going anywhere" but he couldn't give me an answer for "what about when the towels compress and that cargo hook goes flying??

Scary.................

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
How do you do that???? What I like to do at checks with babies who are in horribly is show how much I can get them out of their seat without unbuckling or changing the way the parent harnessed the child. Normally they come out until their legs hit the hip straps when I then tell the parents that I'm being gentle with their baby, a crash wouldn't, and they'd go flying. I'd bet I could get that baby out of that seat, legs and all, without waking her up.

Sheesh.

And mamabear, your friend was so proud of himself? What is it with men?? They're either the best (I read the manual four times and I read my car manual and I got the tools necessary and I've read about it online) or the worst, like your friend (I can improve it! The Tim Taylors of the world).

Wendy

JerseyGirl'sMama

:jaw::jaw::jaw::jaw::jaw: (I had to do a triple take!)
I suppose the network is too cheap to hire somebody to help out with install and proper usage of each family they tape?

lovemyfamily

I remember it was an Evenflo. Later in the show they had her in a Graco.
Now that I think about it, on the way home from the hospital either mom had the shoulder strap under her arm or she didn't even have her belt on. DH noticed the car type, because he drools for one, it was a Porsche Cayenne.

mamabear

I suppose the network is too cheap to hire somebody to help out with install and proper usage of each family they tape?

They really should.I almost think it's their responsibility. I mean this is going to be broadcast to the whole country, Proper car seat usage/installation should be demonstrated out of fear that "some" will think "I saw someone on TV do it so it's probably OK"
We should all send off emails to the network.........

mamabear

And mamabear, your friend was so proud of himself? What is it with men?? They're either the best (I read the manual four times and I read my car manual and I got the tools necessary and I've read about it online) or the worst, like your friend (I can improve it! The Tim Taylors of the world).

Wendy

Yeah he was really proud of himself!
I pointed out all that was "wrong" but he refused to listen to me, I even forwarded crash test videos to them (showing compression and the expired seat one) because they have their older child in a 9yo hand me down seat. This man makes almost $200,000 a year so it's not like they don't have the means to get the best seats, all the while I scrimped and saved for 2 Britax while my DH was out of work.:thumbsdown:

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
I also hate watching Baby Story and seeing all the doctors induce the mom's and then the mom's end up with a C-section because they are not progressing.
Stefanie

PixieEMT

I also hate watching Baby Story and seeing all the doctors induce the mom's and then the mom's end up with a C-section because they are not progressing.
Stefanie

:yeahthat: B*stard doctors. Back in the day....I thought people that used a midwife, birthcenter, home births were being a bit over the top and corny. NOW: I understand why...and Kudos to them! I fell victim to a c/s due to the famous "failure to progress" B-S! Holy cow! :eek: ABC good morning is having a segment about home births this morning....JUST as I'm typing this! Maybe an omen?!?!?

PixieEMT

That show makes me so mad I cant even watch it. Between the horrid car seat use and the TERRIBLE breastfeeding advice those poor moms get I just want to throw a vase at my TV.

:yeahthat: Me too! I start to swear at the TV! I just want to reach through the TV and smack the parents!

I love the shirt through CPSgear...."Read the instructions...Follow the Instructions! " How great is that shirt! I want one soooo bad!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC