**GAG**Does anyone's else Sahara cover seem to fit worse?

arly1983

Than when you first got it?

This one is about a year old. Manufactured in Jan of 2007.

It just looks BAD! Like it is too big and isn't fitted to the shell of the seat. It is so loose the top will slide right over the top of the shell. If the elastic strings break it would sliding all over kingdom come.

I wonder if I dried it on low if it would tighten up? (I would not be sad if it fell to pieces)

ADS

ZephyrBlue

Arly, if there's no cotton in the cover I doubt it'll tighten up. That's a bummer :( Maybe you should order the Huntington :whistle:

arly1983

No cotton in it.....thats right....shoot....I have to start saving up for a huntington then and hope it fits better.

Michi

Mine's looking pretty crummy these days, too. ( Although I haven't washed it...I'm afraid to!) I really, REALLY don't like that seat!

arly1983

If you call Britax they might send you a new cover.

FLOL!! I doubt they would want to ever hear from me again but I am sure there are others on here who have called them more than I have:whistle:

Might be worth a shot, even a better fitting sahara cover would be nice.

arly1983

DOM is 1/3/07

Doesn't the warrenty only last one year? Do you think it would make a difference...I wish I would have thought of this earlier.

Jimaie(mom2boys)

Than when you first got it?

This one is about a year old. Manufactured in Jan of 2007.

It just looks BAD! Like it is too big and isn't fitted to the shell of the seat. It is so loose the top will slide right over the top of the shell. If the elastic strings break it would sliding all over kingdom come.

I wonder if I dried it on low if it would tighten up? (I would not be sad if it fell to pieces)

you could be describing our Sahara cover exactly! It drives me insane, esp the top sliding down. The black shell is ALWAYS showing. I never thot about calling customer serv about it, i think i'll give it a try tomorrow?

arly1983

Yep, I am going to try first thing in the morning. I have all my seat information and my receipt sitting by the phone.

crunchierthanthou

Yep, I am going to try first thing in the morning. I have all my seat information and my receipt sitting by the phone.

wow, you're on the ball. I called about my broken EPS and they didn't have my registration (in fact only had my RA from 2.5 years ago that was in a crash) and dh wasn't home for me to get it off the seat. I never think about calling until they've already closed or dh is gone with the car. I guess I should go out right now and get the serial # off the seat... or not. It's cold out there. :whistle:

arly1983

wow, you're on the ball. I called about my broken EPS and they didn't have my registration (in fact only had my RA from 2.5 years ago that was in a crash) and dh wasn't home for me to get it off the seat. I never think about calling until they've already closed or dh is gone with the car. I guess I should go out right now and get the serial # off the seat... or not. It's cold out there. :whistle:

Girl, last time I called, they only had me registered for a Decathlon, Regent, and Companion.

I had 2 marathons and 1 roundabout as well. Good thing we follow the recall notices.

Auntie2Avi

crunchierthanthou: Once I went out and wrote down all the info about Avi's MA and DC so that if I ever need to call Britax I will not have to go out to the car. I keep the info on my phone (a Palm Treo) as well as on the computer. It has come in handy many times!

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
They actually have ALL my Britax seats in thier system. I was suprised since others have had issues with the registration not being there. The CS told me that the cards get lost a lot in the mail and the best way to register is online.

arly1983

you could be describing our Sahara cover exactly! It drives me insane, esp the top sliding down. The black shell is ALWAYS showing. I never thot about calling customer serv about it, i think i'll give it a try tomorrow?

Did you call?

I talked to Helen and they are sending me a new cover. It is probably going to be a Sahara too but at least it will fit better than this one. Yay for Britax.

Jimaie(mom2boys)

Did you call?

I talked to Helen and they are sending me a new cover. It is probably going to be a Sahara too but at least it will fit better than this one. Yay for Britax.

Good to hear! I tried calling them but forgot they are on Eastern time and i'm on Pacific so i need to try first thing tomorrow morning. Thanks!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC