Foot Rest

ADS

groovymom2000

Hmmm...I haven't seen that one before, but it

actually looks pretty cool---I am assuming that the bolster itself is a foam rubber type? On a second note, is the harness on the child in the picture really loose? Or am I just really anal-retentive here.... ;)

KeikiHula

groovymom2000 said:
actually looks pretty cool---I am assuming that the bolster itself is a foam rubber type? On a second note, is the harness on the child in the picture really loose? Or am I just really anal-retentive here.... ;)

I always notice that stuff too. The harnesses in Toys R Us/Babies R Us fliers they send out always look a little loose. It may just be me, but I think the seatbelt looks like it has a little slack in it too. They probably just threw everything in to take the pic, but since they are selling car seats and other safety products, they should show them properly installed.
I think it looks like a good product. I'd like to hear what some of the techs have to say about it, but I think something like that would be nice for my 4 yr old. He never complains, but it looks so uncomfy the way his legs dangle.

U

Unregistered

picture?

This has nothing to do with the original question, but where did you see a picture of a child in a car seat? All I got was a picture of the bolster on the seat of a car. I too think the foot rest idea is a good one and have never seen this version. Looks like the safest so far since it is foam.
C.

KeikiHula

after I looked at it more, I realized what is wrong with the harness. It's an Evenflo Triumph and it has this strange harness system (at least strange to me and we have had a few Evenflos!) The harness is all one piece and threads under the seat to come up at the thighs, then goes through the male ends of the buckle, then up through the harness slots. When you buckle your child in, you have to make sure it's even on both sides or else one side will be tight, and the other loose. It's never an issue, it just takes half a second to make sure everything is even. The strange part is that they have 2 different sets of loops (infant and toddler) where you hook the harness to the T-shapped metal splitter plate in the back. It makes it shorter for infants and longer for toddlers. You can see the stitching that makes the loop for the infant setting on the harness that's laying on the kid's chest.
In this picture, the harness is uneven at the bottom so they can only get one side tightened. The whole thing is rather loose, but the harness being uneven is what makes it look so funny.

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Actually, I think it's an Evenflo Titan, which has those infant loops & toddler loops, but a pull tab harness adjuster and no EPS foam. The Triumph has a different - and very distinctive - base, and knobs on each side to adjust the harness tightness.

KeikiHula

scatterbunny said:
That doesn't look like a Triumph to me? But yes, the straps are really loose.
ok feeling dumb...it's a Titan... I think the Triumphs have the same harness too.

feeling stoopid that I can't even remember what seat we have....LOL

U

Unregistered

uneven harness

'Speaking' of such things..I had my dd in a Marathon at Babies R Us (cause they had no Wizard) and I couldn't get the harness to tighten up properly. One side was super tight and the other loose. When I looked into it I realized that the harness on one side had been looped through the latch strap! I went and told an employee who fixed it (as interested shoppers gathered!!). He said someone must have messed it up trying to adjust the harness height!! He said you'd be surprised what determined people do when they 'think' they know what they're doing. I'm glad I took a look at it, I wonder how many people had given up and decided to go look at another seat! Makes me wonder what people do 'to' car seats in the 'privacy' of their own car.
C.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Assuming the carseat would install securely, I know that's something my kiddo would really appreciate! She always complains that her back aches when she does sit FF {in other people's cars}.... I'm tagging that URL to hang on to for when she gains these last 2 pounds & has to turn FF :cool:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC