Three-across with Regent in Land Rover Range Rover

scatterbunny

I'll be doing a check for a Kyle David Miller Foundation recipient family in the coming weeks. They have a 1995 Land Rover Range Rover, a (disabled) 8yo, 5yo and 4yo. The 8yo will be in a Regent, the 5yo in a Radian80 and the 4yo in a Radian65. There are already three tether anchors, so that's a big relief.

Mom wants the Regent in the middle and Radians outboard.

Anyone have experience with this vehicle? Any tips for me? I've never installed anything in a Range Rover, and never installed a Regent in a three-across, so I'm a bit nervous about that. But I Googled and the Range Rover's backseat is supposedly 59 inches wide, so it *should* work.

ADS

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
It has to be very exciting to be able to meet and help a KDM family! I am jealous. I am on thier list as a available tech for my areas, so maybe I will get my turn someday.

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
I know it will probablyu be awhile for my area as most people are still trying to understand the concept of using a car seat at all. I live very close to the Mexican border and there are a lot of people who don't even know thye have to use car seats. I hope to make a change in that over this next year.

scatterbunny

My area is similar, despite being in the PNW, we are a very rural farming community with many, many migrant workers. In fact, dd's school is mostly Hispanic: 48% (state average is only 15%), compared to 46% Caucasian (state average is 72%). Economic status in this area is low, too. 74% of the student population at her school are on the free/reduced lunch program, compared to 42% for the state average. The language and cultural barriers present unique challenges in many areas, including Child Passenger Safety.

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
The language and cultural barriers present unique challenges in many areas, including Child Passenger Safety.

Very true here also. I try to keep my english to spanish paper with me in case I need it. I am fortunate that one of the FD's near here has all bilingual firefighters if I need thier help.

scatterbunny

Yes, there's two other techs in my town, one of which is bilingual (her first language is Spanish). I wish I'd had a better Spanish teacher in high school. I took two years of Spanish but essentially retained nothing. :( She was all about busy work and then cramming before tests, memorizing the words, forgetting them the next day.

I keep a bunch of Spanish handouts from carseat.org to hand out when a conversation is out of the question, and I refer Spanish-speaking folks to the tech at the health department for actual install help. I wish I could do more!

Woohoo, this is my 10,000th post! :D

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC