Pics from BRU yesterday :)

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
DH treated me to a surprise trip to BRU yesterday to play with seats :love:

Mali is 30 months, 26 pounds, 37" tall, 14.5" torso
Recaro Como: she LOVED the seat. We took out the infant padding and head bolster and she kept saying "Mali seat! I love this seat mama"
bru002.jpg

She has boatloads of room--FF she'd be on the 3rd from top slots, RF on the 4th from top. She also has tons of shell above her head :thumbsup:
bru003.jpg

The sides didn't bother her at all-she just pulled her head forward to 'cheese' for the pic.
bru004.jpg

Maxi-Cosi Cabrio. She is tall and skinny, yet her shoulders were wedged in there. She hated it (notice how I have to hold her in the seat :rolleyes:). She has about half an inch of room FF in this seat.
bru008.jpg

Ahhhh, the Crappysport...my finger is where the top slot is. She is about 3" above it. She outgrew this seat RF at 18 months, and FF by her 2nd birthday :thumbsdown:
bru011.jpg

The Regent: she has ages in this seat, obviously. :thumbsup:
bru012.jpg

She is just a hair above the 3rd-from-top slots. She probably would 'settle' and be even with/below them.
bru013.jpg

Evenflo Triumph Advance. She has about 2" of growing room in this seat.
bru014.jpg

And just for fun, my 10 mo in her favorite seat. She loves this thing.
bru017.jpg

So, final verdict, after months of wavering.....we're getting DD1 a Signo in Blush, and DD2 her beloved Pepto-pink Boulevard.

ADS

melniemi

Cool - thanks for the pics. When are you getting your new seats? I'm working on getting some new ones too.:)

Stretchy Glue

Anna, you won't have them by this month's clinic, huh? Maybe Feb? Your oldest is a lot like H was when she was little. String bean and outgrew seats at alarming rates. The Comfort Sport was outgrown at 2 years for her too. Now look at her;)

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Joni, probably not. Definitely by Feb though! Yeah, the thought of Mali growing out of the Regent before six like H scares me! Hopefully by then there is a taller seat on the market.

Stretchy Glue

In the car she has more room that on the floor of the house. I took it out yesterday and sat her in it and on the floor of the car--NO JOKE--she has 1/2 inch left. Keep in mind she doesn't turn 6 until March. She's wearing size 7 jeans and 10-12 shirts to hide her crack since she has no rear to keep her jeans up. She's got a long torso. She's not a very car seat friendly child. My niece on the other hand, at 3 years old is only 24 lbs, can still easily fit rf in the FPSVD and when ff (because my sis won't turn her) she's about 1 inch below the 3rd slot.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
The Regent was "installed" on the BRU bench, but I'm sure it would be different in a real car, since thier bench has very little of an angle to it. I'm hoping DD1 starts gaining weight instead of height, since she's going through another growth spurt right now!

Oh, and, this is my ONE THOUSANDTH post!!!!!

scatterbunny

Awesome pics, and I'm so excited for you about your (uh, your girls' :eek: ) new seats! :love:

I wish the Signo had been around when H outgrew her 3-in-1 by height at 38 inches. We went with a Husky (Regent) because she didn't seem to have enough growing room in a Marathon (maybe 2 inches to top slots, head peeking over top of shell already). But the Signo looks awesome.

MumtotinyM

I just have to say that I absolutely :love: your dd's tights. Great pic's! I am glad you were able to find seats that both girls will like. Your vehicle is definitely going to be very umm Pink LOL! I am dying to get a blush signo, but now am thinking a Graco Nautilus is in our future. Ahh decisions, decisions.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Awww, look at that last photo! I hadn't seen that cover before. It is obnoxiously pink! Piper would go for that one in a heartbeat.

Those comparison pictures are great, thanks!

Wendy

elle7715

I love their clothes! And they're looking beautiful as always. I think DD would go nuts if she saw that pink BV. I'll make sure she never does! (...bwah hah hah) I did have a dream I bought DS a Shannon BV during the February sale though. :whistle: Don't tell DH LOL. Congratulations on finding new seats and the 1000 posts :thumbsup:

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
Wow - cute kids and awesome pics. Thanks for sharing... And getting new seats is always fun.... Congrats! :)

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
I love their clothes! And they're looking beautiful as always. I think DD would go nuts if she saw that pink BV. I'll make sure she never does! (...bwah hah hah) I did have a dream I bought DS a Shannon BV during the February sale though. :whistle: Don't tell DH LOL. Congratulations on finding new seats and the 1000 posts :thumbsup:

LOL! Thanks :) Mali actually hates the Meagan, she says "eew yucky pink!" But Scarlett's little legs start kicking and she starts squealing when she sees it, and she doesn't want to get out!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC