Zooper? do you like them?

mklanger

I am really looking into the Zooper strollers. If you have one do you like it? Which one is comparable to an Inglesina Zippy? I currently have an I'coo Infinity, but hate shopping with it because I get stuck on the racks all the time.:mad: so, am looking for something with a smaller rear wheel base.

Also thinking about the Baby Jogger City Mini, but we already have a Chariot Carrier that we use as a jogger outside.

I guess my perfect stroller would be one that has 3 wheels (out sidewalks are bumpy and I constantly have to lift the stroller up if it has 4 wheels), not a large rear wheel base for problem mentioned above and it must have a tray for my toddler.
Help!

ADS

skipspin

I have a Zooper Rhumba that I love. It's similar to the current Zooper Twist I believe. (Um, how do I know...I was thinking of buying one? No, not me...another stroller?)

It's more of a "normal" full-featured umbrella stroller like a Maclaren Techno. I got it barely used and used it for my "only" stroller for 2 years, and now I use it when I want a single instead of my e-3. I've flewn with it 8 times I think. Everything on it still works great. No complaints at all.

My DH has taken a Maclaren apart and he thinks they are great, but he still says my Zooper is better. I just like that they aren't as tippy with a diaper bag on them as a mac and come with accessories instead of having to buy them seperate.

I don't have any experience with the 3-wheeled ones at all :)

lovinwaves

Also thinking about the Baby Jogger City Mini, but we already have a Chariot Carrier that we use as a jogger outside.

I guess my perfect stroller would be one that has 3 wheels (out sidewalks are bumpy and I constantly have to lift the stroller up if it has 4 wheels), not a large rear wheel base for problem mentioned above and it must have a tray for my toddler.
Help!

Actually, the new Baby Jogger Mini is NOT a jogger at all. Actually, quite opposite. It has regular plastic wheels (they are larger than most stroller by a few inches). This stroller is more of a lightweight stroller. It holds 50 lbs, and folds in less than a second with one hand. I really really like this stroller, and it has been ordered ALOT! Plus it has a tray you can easily snap on for your child.

I'm not sure I know of a 3 wheeler that has a smaller back axle. The axle needs to be wider so it doesn't tip.

If you are using this outside then it sounds like you need a stroller with air tires. What about a Dreamer Design Park Avenue? It has a reversible seat and belly bar.

ETA: what about the new Baby Jogger Elite? It is very compact, lightweight, super easy to fold, and includes child's tray.

henrietta

We have a Zooper Swing, which I think is discontinued now.

I love many things about it, but hate a few as well. I probably would not have purchased it, but it was one I was looking at when my aunt bought it for a shower gift for me.

I love all the extras that come w/it--winter seat cover, rain cover, sun shield, carseat adaptor bar, removeable "bumper" bar, umbrella-style fold, window on the top of the sun visor, several recline positions (even flat for a newborn), and a "boot". You can even make the seating area safe for a newborn to lay flat in, b/c the footrest folds straight up, so they can't slide out, drives like a dream (turns easily and doesn't bounce around baby), and has adjustable height handles.

I HATE that it is difficult to fold, the sun visor always pops off when I fold it, and that it has no real cupholders or snack tray for a toddler, and a tiny basket.

I think I could have found a similar stroller for the same amount of $$$ that I would like, possibly even w/cupholders!

I just had to come to the conclusion that no stroller is perfect and that I probably will dislike something about them all!!!

henrietta

MaryAnn

I have a Zooper Hula stroller. It's not perfect but it has replaced my other strollers as my everyday stroller. It folds like any other umbrella stroller and doesn't take up much room in my trunk (that alone is enough to make me love it). The basket is a bit of a pain IMO--hard to access. But, there are plenty of other areas to store things. My only other complaint is that the stroller supposedly has a fully reclining seat, which I have yet to acheive. Above all, I'm still very pleased with my stroller. Things I do like are: accessories that were included, one-handed seat recline, adjustable height handles and adjustable leg rest.

My bff has a Zooper Bolero. It looks very similar to the Hula but has a one-handed fold.

I ordered my stroller from strollers.com. The picture they show of the Hula's basket looks NOTHING like the one I have, btw.

Also, I wanted to add that it doesn't have a wide wheel base but not too narrow that I kick the back of the wheels when I walk. The front wheels can be locked which makes it easy going over bumpy surfaces. No child's tray is included (cup holder is) but it has an armbar which you can buy a snack tray to attach to it.

Last edited:

Wineaux

I have an older Zooper made exclusively for Pottery Barn. The back wheelbase is wide, and I do tend to kick it from time to time. It's a really nice and well made stroller, but personally, I like the fold mechanism on my new Maclaren Volo better.

jazzpurr88

I have a 2007 Waltz and it is a good mall stroller. I like that the seat lays down fully for my 3 month old. It manuvers arund stores well and is easy to fold and fits well in the back of my Blazer. I like the foot muff it came with and the fact you can take the side soff and just have the netting for the summer. The basket is nice and easy to access.

I have to say my Bob Revilution is much easier to steer and probably handles the mall just as well. I reach for the Bob more than the Waltz just because it turns on a dime and handles so much better. I LOVE my BOB!

motherandchild

I am really looking into the Zooper strollers. If you have one do you like it? Which one is comparable to an Inglesina Zippy? I currently have an I'coo Infinity, but hate shopping with it because I get stuck on the racks all the time.:mad: so, am looking for something with a smaller rear wheel base.

Help!

Hey there... never post on these things... but just felt I should give back.... I just bought the Baby Jogger MINI in black.... I LOVE IT!!!!! It's awesome... definitely a mall stroller of sorts... fairly light weight... dreamy easy fold... doesn't get any easier... and really priced great... It quite possibly might be the PERFECT stroller...

We also have a Zooper Boogie that I use on real outdoor terrain walks on trails... and we also have the Chariot Cougar too for bike riding and outdoor walks. We'll probably sell the Zooper once my baby gets a bit older... she's 15 months and still sleeps sometime while walking... something she can't do in the Chariot..

The Baby Jogger Mini won't duplicate any of the other strollers...

I just got rid of my Zippy which I love the one handed fold... and so that was my critical piece I needed in my next stroller... in addition... I was always kicking the back of the Zippy so I need adjustable handles... and I'm only 5'7" . I considered the Zooper Hula... but I saw the Mini Jogger in person... and it was just so great....The Baby Jogger Mini doesn't have adjustable handles but the bar is high enough that it works great.... I can buy a tray for $20 free shipping online for the jogger...

You will love the baby jogger mini... I just can't say enough about it... I have seriously been researching strollers for about 2 years and haven't been able to find what I wanted until I saw this stroller in person... I think the City Jogger would do fine on sidewalks, I can't forsee any issues... but it's def. not a jogger or traditional all terrain... as it's got larger wheels but they are not air inflated....

Fold quick easy and compact for travel.... My hubby LOVES the technology... and I didn't think anything could make him happier than the Chariot...

Good luck!

j:)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC