Radian questions

vamom

Ok, I don't need another seat. But I want one. Ds is 5, 45", and 38-41#. We both love the husky, which is in my car and the farm truck.

I bought a radian to use for travel and my dad's truck. I just don't like it. Ds seems ok, but if we are traveling far, I have to switch because he seems to have alot of apnea when he naps in it (never noticed in the truimph or husky). He also mentioned his legs falling asleep recently.

My new issue is the install. I hated it, then thought I resolved it. Well I put it in my pruis, center spot, to do a 3 across for a few days while helping a friend with her kids. It seemed good and I was happy. Then when I took the two other seats out the darn thing worked its way loose and would not stay tight by its self. Not so happy.
I had planned to go back to the husky anyway, so no big. Switched seats for a family roadtrip, got back late didn't switch seats, then needed to go out while the husky was in my mom's car. So I put the radian by the door with the latch. It installed nice and tight, happy again, and it was easy for ds to get in and out, but I am wicked paranoid about ds that close to the door (never mind he was for 2 years, when his brother was with us).

Well today I needed to do a 3 across (2 boosters this time - tell me again what is easier about a booster? - my knuckles still hurt).
Well the radian was very loose. I got in , both knees and cranked, but the thing was loose again when we got back to the car.

What am I doing wrong?

Oh, yeah, the radian makes weird sounds and the sides move when I am installing the other seats to the point that I worry that I might be messing up the foam. My truimph never made any sounds, but it seemed more solid then the radian.

So would you ditch it for the g -nauty? It looked fairly narrow. I know all seats have to pass certain testing, but my britax seems far superior to anything at walmart, so would you suppose that the radian is "better" then the graco?

Thanks guys,

Anyway, would you ditch the radian for the g- nauty?

ADS

mommy4girls

Senior Community Member
Honestly, after I crashed my car I haven't even thought once about replacing my Radian with another Radian. I never felt like it was installed tightly enough (that was one of the first things I checked after the crash too, was to make sure that seat didn't come loose and it hadn't!). I'm looking at the Regent for Ilana, but seriously considering the Nautilus now too (especially after seeing how high the harness slots are:thumbsup: the Radian's are just so low :thumbsdown:)

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I'm saying this sight unseen, since I haven't touched or used a nautilus... but yes, I would. And I probably will when it eventually shows up in Canada.

I have a love/hate relationship with my Radian, and those hate moments are something I can do without. (And there is a very recent hate episode at the moment which could be clouding my vision...lol :eek:)

Right now I'm waiting for the Triumph Advance to arrive at my local TRU/BRU store, then ds will go in it, dd back in the MA, and the Radian will go into storage. The only reason I chose it was because at the time I thought the triumph advance wouldn't be available in Canada for a long time if ever, and I knew eventually we'd need the tall harness height. (No Regent in Canada, so Radian is as good as it gets.) Apex was out because of the headrest issue being more likely to cause compatibility issues than the radian's...

Anyways, I will gladly and quite excitedly go out & buy a nautilus when they finally show up. I'm just hoping dd doesn't outgrow the MA before then.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC