speaking of CARES - should I sell mine??

minismom

Ok, first let me say I am not putting it for sale here. I just need some opinions.

Here are the facts! I obviously jumped the gun when I bought CARES while I was still pregnant! It had just come out and I thought it was the best thing ever and would be out of stock soon. I forgot that most people actually need the carseat at their destination. Also didn't know better and thought I'd use it with dd when she was 1yo. Now I know I wouldn't use it at least until while she's RF, so it will be a while, and even so only if I end up leaving a spare seat at my parents which is where we go more often. So I will wanna use it eventually, but not for a while. Does anyone know if it expires? Should I just sell it and by another when time comes? If so, how much should I ask for it. To be honest I've never sold anything before so not sure how it's done. Craigslist I guess? It's 100% brand new I haven't even taking it out of that blue pouch yet. I'm not confortable renting it out, even though I could make more $ overall it might just be too much trouble. And I personally don't know anyone who could use it yet.
So, opinions?

ADS

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
I would not think they expire. I would keep it personally if they do not expire.

Could not tell you what to ask if you sell it. Just try Ebay maybe to sell it. Shipping should be cheap. :twocents:

Ashley_R

I've been told they do not expire but I have not actually had that confirmed by the manufactor. The instruction manual should say. If it does expire I would hang on to it. You've already lost some of the resale value anyway and I cant imagine trey are going to improve on the design for at least a few more years so I'd just keep it.

You never know where you might go. I'm using one to fly with a 5 year old to the caribean, we're going to a resort and there arent seatbelts in the transport vans and most local taxis arent considered safe or dont have seatbelts so a car seat would be more of a PITA than anything! If you asked me a year ago if I would be going I would say no! (its not even my child!)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC