OMG! She gained weight!!

ZephyrBlue

Just for the heck of it, I weighed my 7.5yo a few minutes ago- SHE GAINED WEIGHT!! She's now 45lbs with jeans and a l/s shirt on!! I can't believe it. She's been 41lbs fully dressed for sooo long. A year or more. I noticed that she's taller, and hoped hoped hoped that she'd gained a pound. Woo Hoo!

She really really wants to ride in a booster full time. SHe's started complaining about the Regent's straps by her neck (not as bad as the Radian, but she does have some sensory issues, so I'm never sure what's coming next with this child) and that she really likes the headwings on the Vivo and Parkway to rest her head against. I was very hesitant to let her ride in the boosters full-time at 41lbs fully dressed with sneakers, but now at 45lbs and bare feet, I'm feeling so much better. Isn't that dumb? :eek:

Anyway, just had to share. Weight gain is a big thing around our house :D

ADS

ThreeBeans

It's not dumb. LOL.

Especially given the study showing that lighter boostered children are more likely to submarine than heavier boostered children. I would be rejoicing :D

I don't think I'm going to have any trouble in this department. My 3 year old is nearly 39 pounds :rolleyes:

Morganthe

Hey, let's hear for the traditional Post-Holidays weight gain in a positive light :thumbsup:

I bet she'll feel relieved knowing she's no longer the same weight as my 4 year old dd. :D

groovymom2000

Mercy--my 3.5 year old is 42 lbs.!! Glad that she gained some weight--if she uses a booster properly I wold be ok with it. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC