Please tell me I am not nuts!

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
I know you all will understand my obsession.

I have a friend here who is very pg with DC#2. Her DS just turned 3 on 12/30. He has a very long torso and is actually having to use his combo seat in booster mode as he is to tall for the harness. He is 37 lbs BTW.

It is hard for her to be able to go places with being pg and also having a home daycare M-F. We were going to plan a trip to a bigger city that actually has HWH seats so she could try DS in a Regent.

Well I got to thinking It may not happen soon and decided to buy a Regent. Not to give to her, but so we could try her DS fit out in it and see how it installs. Plus I can write it off on my business taxes for training. If it works out well she can order one in Feb hopefully.

DH is going to kill me when he finds out since DD is not ready to FF yet. I had to buy it though so she could try her DS in it since she can't go to far right now :whistle:. So that is y story and I am sticking to it.

Thanks for reading.

BTW....I am considering getting a Radian 65 at my tech discount too.

:eek: I really am carseat obsessed.

ADS

Starlight

Senior Community Member
Girl, if you come up this way, you best call me first.

p.s. Dh is home Monday and Tuesday, so don't do it on either of those days.

p.s.s You aren't crazy. and I love the Radian. I have TWO under my guest bed. They fit UNDER the guest bed. How freakin awesome is that?

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
Girl, if you come up this way, you best call me first.

p.s. Dh is home Monday and Tuesday, so don't do it on either of those days.

p.s.s You aren't crazy. and I love the Radian. I have TWO under my guest bed. They fit UNDER the guest bed. How freakin awesome is that?

I will definately call you! I was thinking about next weekend when DH goes to LV, but will have to see if he leaves me with any money. I can't go during the week right now.

O/T: racing starts Feb 26th.

I will tell DH the Radian is compact and cam be easily stored out of site :whistle:
How come you did not tell me you have others hiding?

Starlight

Senior Community Member
No, I was using the Radians in my car last time I saw you.

Present count:

PW
Recaro booster
2 Radians
2 MA's
Scenera (neighbors are using)
Compass baby seat (NIB for #3)

Maybe. I think that's all, not including all of the damn backless boosters. I'm not sure.

Ds1 is using the boosters nearly full time and Ds2 is using the MA's. I actually have one of the Radians in my van right now, safer for the drive, you know?

I would never hide any seats, not from you atleast. From dh, welllllllll.... :whistle:

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
No, I was using the Radians in my car last time I saw you.

Present count:

PW
Recaro booster
2 Radians
2 MA's
Scenera (neighbors are using)
Compass baby seat (NIB for #3)

Maybe. I think that's all, not including all of the damn backless boosters. I'm not sure.

Ds1 is using the boosters nearly full time and Ds2 is using the MA's. I actually have one of the Radians in my van right now, safer for the drive, you know?

I would never hide any seats, not from you atleast. From dh, welllllllll.... :whistle:

I was thinking on DS#2 has a RN installed. Guess I better pay better attention.

ETA: I am at
3 MA's with 7 covers
1 BV with 2 covers
1 AOE in sitters car for her grandson to use
1 Regent on the way
For Training:1 Comfort Sport
1 Combi Tyro
1 Scenera
1 FPVD Booster
For area families in need:1 FPVD Boosters
2 Sceneras

Probably adding a Radian 65 soon

Starlight

Senior Community Member
I think I was using the Radian for ds2 in dh's vehicle. I love my Radians. I have the one thats in my van installed slightly reclined on my slightly reclined vehicle seat, which is very nice for ds1. Hopefully, he'll be able to sleep well like that.

niccig

No, not crazy. She'll pay you for it if it works, if it doesn't you'll return it or sell it, right? Or, you could be like me, get a great deal on a Safeguard and stash it in your closet as DS is still RF. It was 50% off, and DS will FF one day...eventually...:whistle:

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
No, not crazy. She'll pay you for it if it works, if it doesn't you'll return it or sell it, right? Or, you could be like me, get a great deal on a Safeguard and stash it in your closet as DS is still RF. It was 50% off, and DS will FF one day...eventually...:whistle:

She probably would not buy that particular one since it is a Madison and her DS may not like that. I will probably keep it as it will be good to have around so other can see what it looks like and how it works. That is whi I want ot get a RN65 too. We don't have a varitey of HWH seats available in my town. Target has MA's in stock, but that is it. I am actuallly considering becoming a authorized distibutor for Britax.

I will let DH belive I borrowed it from someone. He won't know unless he sees the box or DS tells him. Then I will tell him it is for my business purposes.

Kat_Momof3

it's a tax write-off and you're preventing taking a 3yr old on a long trip in just a booster.

I'd do it... you'll get the money back and have a great training tool and product sample to show people.

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
it's a tax write-off and you're preventing taking a 3yr old on a long trip in just a booster.

I'd do it... you'll get the money back and have a great training tool and product sample to show people.

Exactly how I see it. I can't write it off this year since I did not buy it in 07, but I can next year. Definately a great training tool for my area. I am the only tech here not a tech because of my employer. Most are firefighters and had not even seen Britax seats until I took my class with them and brought mine in.

bethng

azgirl71;301379 BTW....I am considering getting a Radian 65 at my tech discount too. .[/QUOTE said:
As somone who is a future tech to be (hopefully in May!)...do techs get a discount on seats and what is it?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC