Flashback 1985

classicseats

Who remembers this one? An Evenflo One Step, 1985. Lots of padding! I bet you can feel the skin pulling off the back of your legs!

Last edited:
ADS

djma

Okay, somebody's probably already asked you this - but where do you get these older seats in almost mint condition??? I have remembered all of the ones you've posted!

My neighbor had this seat for her youngest daughter!

Too cool! I'm definitely saving our expired seats for my children to see!

stjemmes

The sad thing is that I remember my mom straping in one of those. My mom made me ride in it until I couldn't pull the bar over my head any more.

ripppppp of the skin off the back of the legs as you're told its time to hop out.
I remember my old seat (I think it was like a "star rider") and it was a boiling hot summer day in the 80's and it was sooooooooo horrible. I tried to avoid vinyl after that since. or make sure i can pull my shorts down at the back so i don't stick.

Ashley_R

I think my mother had something similar to this for my older brother. Maybe I should print these off and she might get finally things have changed in 25 years!

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I have to agree with the others, where do you find all these seats? Do you have your own personal carseat museum? :eek:

I'd have no clue where to find something like the ones you post even if I wanted to. ;)

wildeyes

wow. i was born in 1980... my mom asked if you had any pics of seats used in around 1965. this wouldve been my oldest brother.

TerisBoys

I had one almost identical to this for my oldest (born 1996). I know it was a secondhand seat, thinking it had a 1989 DOM (it was less than 10 years old - I remember that).

It even had an oh-so-nice aftermarket cover to protect babe from the icky hot vinyl.

*SHUDDER* The things I've learned since then!

JoyJoy

Dude that is the exact seats my mom got from the Wic place for my brothers when they where little. Wow that brings back memories. I rember getting my brother in it. He was 6 months old. I was adopted as well as my brothers. Yikes that is scarey. We never rear faced ever either. My nephew did in a rock a roo one though. He was born from my foster sister.

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
That seat is in my parents basement, I believe. I have no idea who would have ridden in it...or how they came to acquire it.

Susan

TerisBoys

And what you can't see is the harness adjustor on this beaut - on mine at least, there were 2 independant buckles on the underside of the shield - so the straps came nowhere near the baby.

HEVY

My sister had one, she was born in 1983. I was 18 yrs at the time with my own dd in some type of bucket looking thing. But I remember driving with mom and sister and I turn around and she had opened it and was standing in it doing a liitle dance. (at the time she was two). It took my breath away. Of course mom pulled over and strapped her back in.

Gsanmb

Somewhere I have a photo of me in a pea-vomit green vinyl carseat of some kind in, uhhh...1971. (I was 2).

I still remember the painful vinyl on the legs.... yowch. I will have to raid my parents' photo cabinet and see if I can scan it in.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC