who has outgrown the regent/husky?

amyg530

most of my friends here have finally realized that i'm the carseat guru of the group and they're all turning to me for reccs for new seats when their kids outgrow what they're in right now, well theres at least 3 kids that are pretty close to outgrowing their 40# seats and i'm brainstorming what seats to tell them, orignally i had told them all the regent but now that i've looked at the stuff on the new graco i'm thinking it might be better
anyway long story short for those of you that have a child that has outgrown the regent, what where their stats when they did?

ADS

skaterbabs

CJ was ten, Gregory was eight (G has the longer torso, or at least he did at that time.) Both were around 72-75 lbs.

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
DS1 still fit in his Husky at 10 years old, 54" and about 72 lbs but he was using the top harness slot and only had a little growing room left. We moved him into some other seats at that point (Indy Plus, Dakota) not because he didn't fit but because I was having issues with the tether strap in my van.

Danny.aspx

Kecia

Amaris

Michael outgrew the regent at 6.5 years, 52.5 inches, and around 48lbs. He is one tall boy though! Isaiah, at 4.5 years, will be moving up to the top slots soon. I haven't measured either of them recently so I don't know about his current stats.

thepote

dS1 Aiden was 10.5 with a 20" torso and about 70lbs. Overall average height, and Old Navy size 10 jeans fitting him 'just right' fwiw :)

Incidentally he pretty much outgrew the Parkway by shoulder height at the same time. He had passed the 5 step test in the Ody for a while before that, though.

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
Becky at 10 yrs, 5ft and 78 lbs. My kids are mostly leg after about age 3 or so. Danny is 8.5 yrs, 53ish lbs and 52". He is just barely above the second to top slots and will probably fit for at least another 2-3 yrs.

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
None of my boys ever rode in a Husky/Regent, but my 11-year-old (below the 10th percentile in height/weight) was just even with the top slots this summer (last time I've checked him), and my 9-year-old (50th percentile in weight/height) had about a half inch above his shoulders on the top slots.

Gypsy's DD has a very long torso, though, and she'll probably be over the top slots at age 7, possibly 8 if her growth slows.

I think an average-sized child will probably make it to a nice, "solid" (not just the minimum) booster-age in the Graco, but if they're long-torso'd, the Regent would be a better option.

skaterbabs

oh! The Regent and the Turbo Booster are outgrown at about the same time, so if you want to see how long a child would have in one, check the other.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC