Does your signo/como block your view?

NVMBR02

If you have a como or signo does it block your view? What kind of car do you drive and is the seat rear facing or forward facing?

I am interested in one for my son, but I am worried about being able to see around it. The primary vehicle for this seat would be a 2002 VW Golf.

ETA: Oops, Title should be: Does YOUR signo/como...

ADS

Jackielyn

Re: Does you signo/como block your view?

I have a signo and a Chrysler minivan and the seat has only been installed RF and it doesn't block my view...not sure about FF though.

niccig

RF passenger outboard in a 2004 Prius. It blocks my view, I'm only 5'3". DH says it's fine for him, he's 5'11". It's DH's car, so I don't drive it all that much. I'm aware of it, so I really check before I change lanes.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member

Our Signo is RF on the passenger side in DH's Scion xB. It blocks my view out the rear passenger side a bit, and a bit more than a RF Blvd. due to the differences in the sides/depths of the carseat shells, and also because the Signo is more naturally upright RF than the Blvd. The same was true when we had the Como in the xB. It's really not a big deal for me. I'm 5'6" and in the habit of cautiously checking blind spots regardless of which carseat is installed. :)

lovinwaves

When I had them in my van I didn't notice any vision being blocked, but I didn't "drive" with them in the car.

e7e7e9c2.jpg

Here is a great photo showing just how tall the Como is. It actually installs a bit shorter than the Marathon :) (in the middle is a ff'ing Radian ;) )

e7e7e5a0.jpg

OH, and some more pix just for fun :D

e7e7e543.jpg
e7e7ea77.jpg

NVMBR02

Thanks for the pictures, That does help.

I am having a hard time choosing between the Signo and the Blvd for ds. I like the look of the Signo and the fact it rear faces to 35 pounds (he is 30 pounds now) and I like the rear facing tether on the Blvd, although I have never used one. I am worried about vision being blocked, not so much for when I am driving but when dh is driving. He really dislikes his vision being blocked and he thinks I am nuts for trying to have ds rear face again.

lovinwaves

The best thing to do is to try it out in your vehicle.

Adjusting the angle of the recline can also help with vision. Using Pool noodles or a rolled up towel in the seatbite can help achieve different angles while rear-facing.

NVMBR02

I know, I know.
I haven't been able to find anywhere locally that carries it though, such a pain to send it back. I will probably just go with what I know works.

twinsplusthree

Thanks for the pictures, That does help.

I am having a hard time choosing between the Signo and the Blvd for ds. I like the look of the Signo and the fact it rear faces to 35 pounds (he is 30 pounds now) and I like the rear facing tether on the Blvd, although I have never used one. I am worried about vision being blocked, not so much for when I am driving but when dh is driving. He really dislikes his vision being blocked and he thinks I am nuts for trying to have ds rear face again.

I have the Como FF in a Toyota Sienna in the middle back seat. It does block my view, but so does the double stroller in the trunk;)

I am expecting a BLVD in a few days and can compare the two then for myself! I just assume that anything that large will block my view and I have to be careful. Good luck.

Peony

Yes, my Signo has blocked my entire passenger side view. It is installed RFing in a '06 Sienna in the passenger captian's chair that has been scooted over towards the middle. I used to have a MA there and was still able to see over it, I can not see over the Signo. DD1 sits in the third row behind the Signo and I can only see the tip of head now, she enjoys it because I can't see what she is doing now. :rolleyes: It has been a PIA, but one I can live with, I just have to be extra careful and mindful now.

Mama!

Our Como/Signo is installed RF in the passengers side captains chair, 2nd row.

No problems seeing over or around. I guess I'm just used to it.

NVMBR02

I am expecting a BLVD in a few days and can compare the two then for myself! I just assume that anything that large will block my view and I have to be careful. Good luck.

Yes, if you could give me any sort of comparison it would be very helpful. Measurements, pictures, best guesstimates whatever...

lovinwaves pics. were very helpful!

southpawboston

we have a como FFing in our car and it sticks about 1" above the top of the vehicle seat back. it doesn't interfere with the rear view or side view at all. our signo is RFing and that sits up higher. it obstructs some of the side view, but not rear.

tl01

My RFing Como does block my side view for changing lanes but it is not a problem for seeing out the back of the car. My Blvd. blocked my side view a little and did not block my rear view.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC