Radian RFing boot permanently stuck on?

Holly

I just had my Radian inside the other day to wash the cover and I tried to take off the RF boot and I swear it will not come off no matter what I do! The little metal tab that you have to pull out to take it off will not pull out! I finally just left it alone because I didn't really need it to come off because dd#1 is still RF.

So for now it's ok because I am still using the seat RF, but in July I might be needing it FF. I'm going to turn my dd#1 around then and I don't know yet if I'll keep her in the radian and put dd#2 RF in the true fit (if we still get it) or if dd#2 will have the radian RF and dd#1 will FF in true fit. Either way, I know we will definetly need to FF the radian at some point. What if we can't ever get the boot off? Is there a trick to it that I'm just missing, or could something be wrong with it? If something is wrong and we cant get it off, will SKJP replace the seat?

ADS

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
I've had to really play around with mine to get it off sometimes. It helps to flip the seat around at different angles. Did you try that?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC