Cosco Summit

stjemmes

:mad: This seat is driving me crazy!!! I have replaced the straps
3x because they twist like crazy. I can't afford to replace the seat but my DD is a skinny 3yr old-31lbs and 38 inches long. Is there anyway Cosco would replace the seat for being a lemon?:whistle:

ADS

Mama!

Is it the cosco summit deluxe? We had that seat for dd, and had no issues with it.

Could you post pics?

stjemmes

DSC01065.jpg

DSC01066.jpg

DOB IS 2004

melniemi

I had it for a week and returned it because the straps were already getting twisty. I'd recommend saving a little money each week, say $15 for 10 weeks, and getting a Nautilus. It will last longer anyway and you won't have to worry about twisty straps. Higher weight limits too.

amyg530

i actually just spent 10 minutes with that seat this morning in my friends van trying to untwist them for her, they were bad:thumbsdown: luckly shes in the market for a new seat though (her DH wants to get the child, age 5, a NBB but she has been asking me for info about HWH seat:thumbsup:)

stjemmes

I'm ready to burn the darn thing!!!!! Hubby keeps telling me to use it as a booster but I say"HELL NO". My dd is far from ready for a booster.

ZephyrBlue

I would at least contact Dorel and see if they will replace the seat. If they do, you can sell the new one and buy something else- I'd go for the new Graco Nautilus at Walmart if it were me. Those straps look awful :thumbsdown:

ZephyrBlue

The way I see it is that if the lifespan of a seat is 6 years, you should expect to be able to use it for 6 years. Twisty straps are a safety concern. It's not like you're complaining that the cover is stained and won't come clean, kwim? I don't think that expecting straps that function as they are supposed to is asking too much from a seat that has only reached the half-way point in it's lifespan.

Mama!

WOW!! We used that seat every day for a year at least and never had twisty straps!!!!

I would call them, and offer to email pics of the straps. I'd raise cane about the safety issue of twisted straps. See if you can get a new seat out of them.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC