Curious in reguards...

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
to a conversation I just had with Susan from SKJP. I called to see if I had to fax my Tech special order form or if I could just order over the phone. She of course told me I need fax my order.

The RAdian 65 is still $129.95
but
the Radian 80 is now $162.95

No biggie since I plan on getting a 65 not an 80.

Here is where my question comes in...

I asked her how long it usually takes to get the seat. She said 2-3 weeks right now as they are running short supplied for techs.

I did not ask her this, but my question is "Are these seat distributed for training purposes to techs part of thier crash excahnge program since we are only supposed to be using these seats for training purposes"? It really makes me wonder if I were to get one would I feel safe using it.

Anyone have any insight for those of you who have purchased the tech discount seats?

ADS

spokaneCPST

CPST Instructor
The one I got last March was brand new with a very recent DOM. It was completely wrapped in plastic with all tags, etc. attached. At that time, there was NO mention of the seats being for training purposes only and the seat has been in use full time since then.
Renee

spokaneCPST

CPST Instructor
Yes, that seems a little odd. Maybe they are waiting on the 35# RF models?? I can't remember how long mine took to come after ordering - it may have been a couple of weeks.

Stretchy Glue

I emailed them earlier this week about getting seats at a discount for our team and they gave me the same price list, and said their stock was low:( so it wouldn't ship right away. I wonder if they're not doing some kind of switch:confused:

Niea

Maybe techs just get put to the back of the "queue"? In other words, SKJP wants to make sure that they meet all demands and orders for retailers who will, of course, be selling at the MSRP. Then, if there is any "leftover" inventory, they offer those at a discounted price to techs. It won't make sense for them to ramp up production just to sell at the discounted price, but don't mind doing so to keep their inventory levels low.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC